About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Chandler
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Saturday, 22 October 2022
About this role: Electrical Designer
Brunel is currently searching for an Electrical Designer for direct hire with our mining client. This position can be located in Phoenix, AZ or Denver, CO or Salt Lake City, UT. This will be an in-office position.
As an Electrical Designer you will be developing and coordinating electrical Revit models and electronic documents on both large and small-scale projects within the global Mining Sector. This position reports to the Supervisor of Design.
- Part of a multi-talented team focused on designing surface and underground facilities in the mining industry.
- Convey electrical requirements to the team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models.
- Work closely with engineers, project managers and mining specialists as you develop design concepts, create models, and coordinate designs to consider existing conditions and other discipline requirements.
- Responsible for the complete design and documentation package for electrical and I&C items.
- Produce deliverables as required to fulfill project needs either as an individual contributor or as part of a team of electrical and I&C engineers and designers, dependent upon project size and scope.
- Electrical deliverables including but not limited to: Single Line Diagrams, schematics, wiring diagrams, interconnection drawings, equipment lists, cable schedules, cable tray layouts, cable tray fill reports, electrical installation details, power layouts, lighting layouts, grounding layouts, lightning protection layouts, JB layouts, E-House or electrical room layouts.
- I&C deliverables will include but are not limited to: P&IDs, network architecture drawings, control architecture drawings, loop drawings, junction box drawings, control panel drawings, schematics, and control room layouts.
- Work from schematics, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Assist other designers with project deliverables.
- E&I Designer with minimum of 5 years of experience in an Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management environment focused upon delivery of E&I design packages.
- Associates degree or certificate of completion from an accredited drafting program preferred (will consider experience in lieu of education).
- REVIT and AutoCAD education and experience are required; certifications are a plus.
- Experience in an industrial and / or mining environment is preferred.
- Experience with design of Mining facilities and infrastructure is a plus.
- Experience with Navisworks and BIM 360.
- Fundamental understanding of electrical and I&C design and standards (NEMA, ISA, NEC).
- Technical knowledge of P&ID drawings and layout.
- Understand and adhere to all applicable drafting standards and verify completeness of design drawings.
- Understand and follow all requirements for revision progression and quality processes.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings of all disciplines not required but preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform field walks, which may include climbing ladders and walking/standing for extended periods of time is preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and MS Teams.
- Proficient in math as it pertains to design work.
- $75-100K base, overtime eligible
- Multiple comprehensive health plans to choose from, Dental packages and Vision package
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts, Wellness Program
- Up to 4% 401K match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Relocation assistance is not available at this time
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Our Client is a leader in underground hard rock mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Cindy King is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Detroit