About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 10 October 2022
About this role: Civil/Structural Engineer
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Conduct Civil/Structural Engineering activities throughout all stages of the assigned projects.
- Check and review all project drawings and documents (civil, structural, specifications, calculations and proposed materials) submitted by others in accordance with the project scope, specifications, applicable standards,
- Participate and provide assistance in projects pre-commissioning, commissioning and Hand-over activities.
- Review and evaluate the Contract Changes/Variation to approved guidelines and applicable codes, standards and practices., make recommendations for approval or rejection of technical deviations
- Review and approve method statements developed by contracted organizations for scope compliance. Liaise with contracted organizations to resolve technical issues.
- Lead the Company technical team and assist Company Senior Project Engineer for all technical matters related to the assigned projects
- Coordinate with appointed Qatar Registered Consultant (QRC), responsible for construction management and construction supervision, as required.
- Conduct evaluation of technical bid packages for scope compliance.
- Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of multidiscipline engineers for providing timely delivery of technical services to meet the project requirements.
- Co-ordinate engineering designs, develop and review multi-disciplinary work-scopes for projects and other engineering activities. Ensure that the work-scope is comprehensive and clear.
- Support the development of personal technical competency and skills and those of Co workers. Participate in structured training for Associate Qatari Engineers.
- Ability to work in multi discipline/cultural environment.
- Ability to resolve technical challenges related to Civil/Structural Engineering work andadjacent discipline issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent degree in Civil Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering and structural design experience.
- Professional Engineer registered with reputable international Professional EngineeringInstitution will be added advantage.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Structural Design & Construction, preferably in the OilMinimum 10 years’ experience in Structural Design & Construction, in large buildings andcivil/infrastructure projects, including at least 6 years’ experience at Supervisory level.
- Previous experience in water retaining structures and dewatering preferred.
- Good knowledge in construction activities and project management.
- Skill / knowledge of International and Local standards including BS, EN, ASTM and QCSrelated to his area of expertise.
- Experience in projects’ pre-commissioning, commissioning and Hand-over activities.
- Possess good communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Computer literate in mainstream MS Office products and structural design packages.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha