About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, 7 June 2023
About this role: Taxation Senior Expert
- To ensure that Value Added Tax (VAT) Law is implemented, fully using SAP capabilities and to ensure that VAT, Withholding Tax (WHT) and Income Tax are accounted, reported and timely payments/ refunds are processed in accordance with Laws;
- Work with external consultants, IT department and other implementation team members for proper implementation of VAT system in QAFAC’s SAP System, fully complying with VAT law.
- Prepares and submit periodic VAT returns in accordance with the agreed submission deadlines;
- Performs reconciliations between VAT return submissions and the general ledger VAT accounts;
- Continuously review and monitor the adequacy of systems, procedures and other relevant records to ensure compliance with VAT and other taxation Regulations;
- Provides VAT training/workshop sessions to all appropriate functional team members as and when necessary;
- Supports preparation of documents and adjustments for monthly close as and when necessary;
- Maintain necessary documents and reports, as required by VAT Law, for smooth Audit by Tax department, external and internal Auditors;
- Prepares for or assist in the preparation of assigned Tax audits;
- Work with Regional Indirect Tax function team to understand priorities and work to deliver against these as required;
- Resolves or escalate any queries or issues received;
- Proper accounting of withholding Tax, as per Qatar Income Tax Law;
- Arrange for timely payment of WHT to Qatar tax department and submission of WHT returns;
- Support departments on WHT queries in consultation with external consultants;
- Preparation and of monthly Income Tax and Deferred Tax calculations under guidance of supervisor;
- Preparation of Annual Income Tax declaration in consultation with External Auditors.
- Educational Qualification: A Degree in Commerce / Accounting;
- Experience: 3 to 4 Years’ working experience in Tax division of any big 4 or other reputed Audit firms, preferably with 1or 2 years’ experience in Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance;
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days;
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Emmanuel Puzon is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha