About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 10 October 2022
About this role: Sr. Planning Engineer
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021)
- Develop and maintain Project Master Plans and Schedules for all Project Phases and Stage Gates throughout the Project Lifecycle from Initiation to Close-out. Provide planning input to other Gate deliverables including Project Execution Plan (PEP), Risk Management Plan & Risk Register, and Change Management Plan. Plan and Monitor project close-out activities, provide input for the finalization of Close-out Report of the project.
- Perform Project Planning including Scheduling, Monitoring, Forecasting, and Progress Reporting on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis through various Management reports. Maintain Project Builder data in SAP to facilitate group reporting and analysis.
- Provide early warnings and highlight early intervention opportunities through reports and engagement with project teams in order to influence projects outcomes.
- Maintain and update the Integrated Resource Planning system to plan the requirement of resources for assigned Projects as per the Master Plans in Primavera.
- Develop & Incorporate Planning & Scheduling requirements, Progress Measurement, and Reporting Instructions for compliance by Bidders in the Tender Documents (Appendices for Administration Instructions and Contract Execution Plan - Appendix D & G/H). Provide specific inputs to other Appendices capturing Scope of Work, Payment Terms, LD Milestones, Document Review periods
- Evaluate Technical Proposals of Bidders as a key member of the Technical Evaluation Team to ensure compliance with the tender requirements in particular performing schedule analysis, reviewing and validating man-hour allocations and resource histograms, progress measurement methodology, and compliance to planning and reporting instructions and procedures, with no deviations or exceptions
- Review, Validate and Endorse Contractor submitted Planning Package including Execution Programme/Recovery Plans, Resource Plan, and progress measurement and reporting system to ensure that a proper system is in place for effective project control and in compliance with contractual requirements.
- Monitor Contractor's performance, conduct time and progress variance analysis and Review/ Validate Contractor's progress reports to ensure performance deviation from the agreed plan is determined and reported on timely basis. Highlight areas of concern and suggest corrective actions/ mitigation measures for implementation by Contractor and Project Team. Conduct "what if' and schedule risk analysis when required, to anticipate unforeseen changes to the project and quantify potential impact & mitigation plans.
- Estimate progress achieved for all assigned Contracts to calculate Value of Work Done at every month end for the purpose of Service Entry Sheets (SES). Verify reported progress for all assigned contracts in coordination with all stakeholders. Provide all relevant schedule input and estimated progress phasing for annual Budget/AFE preparation, subsequent revisions, and supplementary Budgets. Analyse reasons for progress and schedule variance for providing input to Budget variance report.
- Determine Time Impact related to scope changes addressed in Change Impact Notes and Work Change Requests (WCR). Review and assess Contractor Extension of Time (EoT) claims using international norms and time impact analysis processes.
- Participate in the development and implementation of various Project Planning Procedures and Work Instructions.
- B. Sc. or equivalent in an Engineering Discipline. Preferably Certified PMP or equivalent certifications/memberships.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in planning of projects in Oil & Gas including Offshore greenfield and brownfield fabrication and installation of jackets and top sides.
- Preferably minimum 5 years’ experience in National Oil Companies and/or International Oil Companies.
- Experience includes project planning, scheduling & phasing, project control & monitoring, forecasting, trending, risk assessment, variations/claims analysis, progress verification.
- High level of computer literacy with MS Office and relevant Project Control software including Primavera. Skills in Primavera Risk Analysis and Power BI are preferable.
- Work experience in the GCC is desirable
- Well-developed analytical and reporting skills.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Emmanuel Puzon is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha