About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, 31 May 2023
About this role: Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Provide technical design and engineering services in Mechanical Piping Engineering for all assigned engineering projects. Achieving the technical quality of work in accordance with COMPANY procedures, whilst considering quality, schedule, cost and HSE.
Ensure the required COMPANY technical assurance practices, engineering standards, environmental and safety policies are incorporated and followed, in work-scopes and whilst conducting Piping Engineering activities. Review technical deviations and variations to approved guidelines, codes, standards and practices.
Directly responsible for ensuring that the piping/mechanical design/engineering deliverables of Contractors and Consultants is in compliance with Company’s requirements. Assesses and approves/recommends suitability of piping/mechanical engineering submissions by Contractors and Consultants.
Single point technical responsibility and accountability for the assigned project, within piping/mechanical design/engineering area of authority.
Support Engineering Department to review, update and apply COMPANY standards and COMPANY’s amendments to external standards.
Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of multidiscipline engineers for providing timely delivery of technical services to meet the project requirements.
- Co-ordinate engineering designs, develop and review multi-disciplinary work-scopes for projects and other engineering activities; Ensure that the work-scope is comprehensive and clear;
- Review and approve method statements developed by contracted organizations for scope compliance; Liaise with contracted organizations to resolve technical issues;
- Develop, update and monitor schedules for in-house engineering activities, contribute to external FEED/EPIC scheduling activities and effective project delivery;
- Conduct evaluation of technical bid packages for scope compliance;
- Responsible for acceptance of new vendors proposed during project phase;
- Responsible and accountable for technical integrity and safety of designs;
- Requires minimal guidance and instruction;
- Work accomplishments are not subject to third party design checks;
- Assess and recommend technical suitability of Tenderers to perform the work, within piping/mechanical engineering areas of responsibility;
- Assess suitability of requested deviations from Company and international Standards and Codes of Practice;
- Support Qatari development activities by ensuring that Qatari Nationals receive proper job training and development, in order to realize the full potential for local talent and maximize contribution to project success.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Chartered Engineer / Professional Engineer status or equivalent is desirable;
- Proficiency in use of piping/mechanical engineering analysis software like CAESAR-II and drafting software like AUTOCAD;
- Experience in 3D modelling of piping systems is desirable;
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in piping/mechanical detailed design, engineering and layout of Facilities for Water piping network, onshore/offshore oil and gas installations with end user Company or Consultant/Contractor;
- Experience in construction, commissioning and start-up activities;
- Strong technical, planning, communication, presentation and reporting skills;
- Experienced to work in multi discipline/cultural environment;
- Experienced to resolve technical challenges related to Mechanical / Piping Engineering work and adjacent discipline issues;
- Ability to prioritize and conclude multiple tasks in a timely manner to meet scheduled deadlines alongside unscheduled urgent activities;
- Ability to coordinate with and promote teamwork amongst stakeholders, co-workers and external organizations.
Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
9 Hours /6 Days
31 December 2027
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Emmanuel Puzon is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha