About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 10 October 2022
About this role: Sr. Contracts Engineer
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- 1 Pre - Tender Activities
- Review and advice on SOR's and PIN's (as applicable) at the inception of project including advice on best contracting strategy.
- If the contracting strategy requires pre-qualified bidders, assist SD in preparation of suitable tailor made pre-qualification documents, invitations and evaluation criteria and render expert advice to SDs in short listing potential bidders.
- Obtain Feedback from legal & Finance Department as required. Assist SD with managing budgets for projects to be carried out.
2 Pre – Contract: Tendering
- Provide professional advice, expertise, and practical assistance to all assigned end user/sponsoring departments of the Corporation in the review and preparation of scopes of work, including the verification of the accuracy of the technical information supplied. Check anomalies/discrepancies, if any, in the tender document and ensure consistency throughout various sections of the tender document.
- Identify the most suitable compensation mechanism for a given scope of work, i.e.lump sum, re-measurable, reimbursable, escalation factor, exchange fluctuations etc.taking into account the intended contract duration and market conditions/.
- Provide expert advice and direction to Sponsoring Department (SD) during tenderpreparation to ensure that the most suitable contracting strategy for a given scope ofwork is utilized.
- Ensure RFQ's meet Company standards, and risk assessment and risk mitigationmeasures are adequately identified, addressed and managed in accordance withCompany HSE Risk Management Guidelines.
- Ensure all work undertaken is consistent with Company norms and values.
- Ensure that Tender Bulletins are issued in a timely manner and captures theclarifications with adequate clarity.
- Facilitate bid explanation meetings, including required site observations whereneeded, to ensure bidders understand scope of work.
3 Pre - Contract: Tender Evaluation
- Represent the Contracts Department in various tender and evaluation committees,
- Including those of Associates, Affiliates and Joint-Ventures as and when required.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and ethics on all contractual matters. Ensure that a
- Culture of "zero harm" is maintained. Assume lead role in commercial bid evaluations.
- Ensure that bid evaluations are conducted in a fair and ethical manner and areconsistent with the terms and conditions of tenders, Company 's Policies andGuidelines and the evaluation criteria apply equitably to all received bids.
- Lead the commercial evaluation team and prepare commercial evaluation report andbid tabulation sheet.
- Ensure that Tender Clarifications are issued in a timely manner and captures theclarifications with adequate clarity.
- Lead in defining lower level agreements for individual contracts, in alignment withcontracting strategy for the project.
- During commercial negotiations of bidders with Company Management, renderpractical assistance for effective negotiation including preparation of managementbriefs.
- Ensure security of pricing information and confidentiality of commercial evaluation.
- Ensure bidders & contractors are set up in SAP System.
4. Contract: Contract Management
- Reviews various contracts administration and contract management procedures to ensure compliance, where applicable, with Company contracting policy and procedures and apply Contractor Management System, set-up and maintain the goal of zero contractor claims and employ dispute avoidance technique.
- Attend monthly review meetings and obtain progress reports and minutes of progress meeting from Sponsor Departments, review and identify contra-issues if any. Monitor progress and performance of contractor. Review the Work change request to determine its completeness and ensure that no Work Change Request are issued without detailed Scope of Work, sketches/drawings and the Material Take off list.Ensure timely evaluation and conclusion of the WCR's.
- Assume lead role in dispute resolutions.
- Evaluate with SD, Contractor's performance at Contract completion.
Qualification:· BSc in Engineering Discipline or Quantity Surveying. However qualification in Disciplineengineering is preferred. A post graduate qualification in Contract Management or ProjectManagement desirable.
Experience:· 12 years experience in project execution in the oil & gas industry as Contract Engineer,handling EPC and Engineering Contracts, from pre-award to post award includingmanagement of claims. Experience to include a minimum 5 years in offshore projects, ofhigh and medium scale in complexity and diversity.
· Possession of sound knowledge of Contracts Law is desirable.· Proficient in contractual correspondence, contract verbatim, report writing with analytical,logical and problem solving skills. Fluent in English.· Thorough understanding of engineering, procurement, construction techniquesEPC/EPIC/EPCM & LSTK, mainly related to offshore activities. Other forms contracts likesFEED/ECS/ Construction/ Consultancy/ Operation & Maintenance (O&M) contracts andits related works/services.
· Computer literate and able to use this knowledge for contract analysis, evaluation ofstatistical data both historical and projected.· Preferably experienced in managing contracts in SAP MM-ES and its day to daytransactions and management.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha