About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 2 October 2022
About this role: Senior Project Engineer (Instrument)
- Review existing Instrument pneumatic / electronic control loops, field components Fire & Gas / ESD relay logic, and then provide technical upgrade proposals.
- Carryout in-house FEEDs, also arranging for external FEED.
- Prepare / arrange EPIC contract document, for upgrade / modification works.
- Lead a team of Commissioning Engineer and Construction Supervisors, providing discipline related direction, guidance, and advice.
- Work as a construction focal point, control and supervise the construction of one or more multi-instrument projects, including chairing the weekly construction progress meetings, site document control, and liaison with other discipline Engineers, line management and other departments.
- Control and supervise the site construction / installation of instrument project works in a safe and efficient manner as per contract specifications and project quality plan.
- Review the project planning and scheduling for multiple projects, identify potential construction slippages, and recommend appropriate action.
- Review construction method statements, Job Hazard Analysis, Risk Assessments, pre-commissioning procedures, and endorse red-marked as built drawings and construction dossiers.
- Participate in the technical evaluation of tenders and assist in carrying out site surveys and investigations.
- Oversee contractors’ mobilization and demobilization.
- Identifies potential hazards during Engineering activities (as applicable) such as Document Review, Design Safety Review workshop, HAZID, ENVID, HAZOP, QRA, FERA, etc., participates in technical meetings, commissioning activities, FAT / SAT, Plant pre-start up safety audits, performance tests raise punch lists and
- Encounter issues that are instrumentation system control and cover a broader range involving the technical aspects of the discipline, personnel, scheduling activities, etc.
- Deal with both routine and complex issues requiring good problem-solving skills.
- Analyze and resolve contentious issues relating to various instrumentation projects managed and supervised.
- Carry out diagnostic and trouble-shooting activities, and forward relevant reports with recommendations to line management.
- Encounter situations where several solutions may be possible, requiring good analysis, reasoning, and judgment to resolve complex problems.
- Interact and interface with contractors, other projects / departments regularly to identify and resolve problems for one or more projects.
- Appreciation of asset holders’ operational and maintenance requirements, contractual requirements, including awareness of Company’s interests.
- Good knowledge of Engineering and Instrumentation standards, Quality Control, Safety, and Environmental awareness.
- Ability to interpret methods statements, construction schedules and drawings.
- Good supervisory, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to highlight potential bottlenecks/problems.
- Liaises with Engineers of other divisions of the department such as operation, maintenance, safety, and inspection for execution interconnection and tie-in required with existing system.
- Provide supervision/co-ordination of control and instrument modification work undertaken by external consultants/contractors
- Participate in the work of mandatory safety checks, including testing and checking of the system and units, integrity of hazardous area equipment.
- Ensure Scope Preparation Completeness Review and hands on experience in DCS, ESD, Fire & Gas, SCADA systems, SIL ratings, SIF, Field instrumentation, Cabling, Junction Boxes, Local control panels, Field HMIs, transmitters, Detectors, Vibration probes, thermowells, Fiber Optic cables, Communication converters, Metering systems, Field panels, Control valves, Loop checks, Marshalling panels, system Cabinets, PLC cabinets, CPU IOs, Modbus, Operator consoles, PAGA system, RTU, RF, Microwave radios, switches, Servers, NTP Servers, GSM Modems etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree- in Instrument Engineering, Control Electronic or equivalent from an accredited University.
- Plus, relevant courses in Instrumentation, Process Control and Safety.
- computers literacyis essential.
- Minimum of Twelve (12) years’ experience in Control & Instrument Engineering and maintenance works in Oil & Gas / Petrochemical industry with at least Five (5) years’ experience in the design and development of Instrument & Control Projects.
- Experience in implementation and maintenance of Distributed Control System, Pneumatic Control Loops, Electronic Instrumentation, Fire and Gas System, Emergency Shutdown System, PLCs, Plant and Personnel Safety System.
- Good knowledge in various field instrumentation, including Analytical equipment, Vibration and Package Control systems.
- Experience in managing, controlling, and coordinating multiple workforces, contractors etc.
- Awareness on Cyber security and Qatar Civil defense requirements.
- Skill / knowledge of International, Shell DEPs and/or related to his area of expertise and Design Software related to Instrument & Control Engineering.
- Exposure with international consulting company, EPIC contractor with projects’ pre-commissioning, commissioning, start up and Hand-over activities is an added advantage.
- Possess sound fundamentals in his discipline area. Shall possess very good technical skills in his discipline.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha