About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Sunday, 14 May 2023
About this role: QA/QC Assurance Specialist
Brunel Australasia has partnered with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies.
They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture and are seeking a passionate QA/QC Specialist to join their team based in Brisbane CBD
The role is ideal for a talented QAQC assurance specialist that possess end-to-end expertise in surveillance and assurance activities such as auditing, tender evaluation, inspection and testing, and leading investigation for Drilling, Completions and Well Intervention related equipment and services.
As a QAQC expert, you will work closely together with engineers and suppliers on ensuring quality strategies in relation to contract and Project requirements are implemented.
The primary scope will be to perform QMS audits on suppliers and to perform process audits on tools and jobs as defined by the client. The scope of process audits can be derived from the checks, verifications and/or actions suggested below.
Prepare, review, implement and maintain quality plans, service quality plans, ITPs or PM-ITPs, ensuring all contractual quality requirements are effectively communicated and met.Ensure NPT and non-conformances are properly documented, appropriately investigated and satisfactorily actioned.
Provide advice and guidance to engineers and warehousing personnel including development of inbound inspection, storage and preservation guides for all major Wells equipment categories.
- Have a recent history (past 12 months) of witnessing of a minimum of three supplier jobs for a specific rental tool including NDE, inspection, assembly and testing.
- Understand relevant API specifications including API Spec 7-1, API Spec 7-2, API 5CT, and API 5DP.
- Knowledge of maintenance and inspection requirements for various oilfield components under API Spec 6A; API RP 8B, 8C; API 11B; API 11D1; API 5CT; API Spec 16A, 16C, 16D; etc.
- Knowledge of and capability to carry out visually checks of premium connections from Vallourec,Tenaris, etc.
- Currently holding or has previously held at least a Level II ASNT NDT certification, with knowledge of SNT-TC-1A
- Able to interpret the various types of normative documents including drawings and quality plans used in inspection, assembly, and testing of drilling & completions rental tools.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the practice of utilizing the supplier or industry specification/standard documented acceptance criteria and specifically, corrosion, mechanical damage, dimensional, mechanical tests, functional and hydrostatic tests, penetrant testing and magnetic particle testing.
- Knowledge of various supplier’s QMS and auditing these against API Spec Q1 and Q2.
- Trained with documented competency in: How to identify a non-conforming activity or action by a supplier, how to write a non-conformance, and why this is critical to continuous improvement.
- Training and demonstrated expertise in the latest edition of DS-1® Volume 3 and Volume 4 or NS2
- Brisbane based role
- 12 Month Contract
- Fantastic rates depending on experience
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane