About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Edinburgh North
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 10 December 2023
About this role: Project Drilling Superintendent
On behalf of our client, A global leader in drilling and servicing wells. We are in urgent need of Project Drilling Superintendent based in Perth.
We need someone with 10+ years’ experience minimum and 3years consecutively onshore drilling (not just offshore) as Drilling Supervisor (minimum).
The Drilling Superintendent assists and advises the Operation Manager/Area Manager in the operation of the rigs within the zone of operations, or the area that is under their individual jurisdiction. This position ensures that the company policies and procedures are adhered to and assists the Rig Managers in the day to day running of their rig. This role will provide operational, technical and logistical guidance and support. Their roles focus is divided between the base office and rig locations and although the job is town based, the Drilling Superintendent is required to regularly visit all rigs in their area.
Specific responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Ensure that the operations are run in both efficient and safe manner to meet contractual compliance, customer satisfaction and Policy and procedural standards.
- Liaise with Operators’ field personnel and representatives, to discuss performance, improvements, and technical data and the overall drilling operation with the view to maximizing performance and safety.
- Assist in the drafting of implications of the safety program and ensure that the program is being carried out, as well as the HSE plan is being implemented by the Rig Managers.
- Ensuring that all certification is kept up to date in accordance with the Preventative Maintenance System and that all certificates are filed in a manner that allows them to be easily located.
- Reviews Material Requisitions received from rigs ensuring they are appropriate and correct prior to Area Mangers approval
- Communicate and correspond with Area Manager, Supply Manager and Fabrication Supervisor on equipment competence.
- Ensuring compliance with all Policies, Standards and Procedures is met by having a thorough knowledge of companies Global Risk Management System.
- Cert 2, 3, 4 & Diploma in Oil and Gas Onshore desirable
- Relevant Drilling Superintendent / Onshore Operations
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in all phases of onsite drilling and completion operations.
- Minimum 3 years + Experience as Rig Manager / Drilling Superintendent.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience managing an Onshore drilling rig 1500HP Oil/Gas Drilling Operation.
- Holds or able to pass IWCF Well Control Supervisor Surface Stack Level 4 Well Control ticket
- Desirable - Tertiary qualification(s) in Management, Engineering or similar discipline.
- 12-month contract with the possibility of extension.
- Competitive compensation.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sneha Poranki is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth