Vacancy number • PUB406445
Our client, a leading multi-billion-dollar company, is embarking on an ambitious venture to construct a state-of-the-art giga factory. This facility will revolutionize our industry and redefine the way products are manufactured. Brunel is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our client’s dynamic team.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for reviewing and producing the mechanical drawings and design for the construction of our client’s downstream production plant in Canada. In collaboration with their blueprint team, you will lead the mechanical scope from design to commissioning.
About this role
- Delivery of mechanical scope throughout all phases of the Project.
- Work closely with multiple parties involved in the project to develop and finalize mechanical design and engineering deliverables.
- Interface with EPCM mechanical engineering team and lead design activities
- Track and follow up on design development, and review of design documents.
- Review pipe routing, piping layout, and supporting philosophy and provide guidance to Piping Stress analysis team.
- Review equipment specifications such as tanks, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and piping components, etc.
- Support procurement activities (RFQ, BoQ, MTO) and review vendor drawings
- Provide construction support during construction and lead RFI response activities.
- Ensure requirements of applicable codes and standards are followed closely.
- Perform shop inspection during equipment fabrication as needed to ensure quality standards are met.
- Provide input into layout and during 3D model reviews.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering
- P.Eng or OIQ
- 8+ years of professional experience in a similar role, with a focus on piping and static equipment
- Design and construction experience within a mega greenfield project (200M +)
- Experience within one of the following industries: EV Battery Manufacturing, Pharma, Oil &Gas, Mining, Chemicals.
- Experience with Shop inspection
Nice to have:
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry
- Experience on the client side preferred.
- Experience with Clean and Dry Rooms
- Familiar with rotating equipment, HVAC, cooling towers
- Fluency in other languages
- Experience from a multi-cultural environment
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Clemens Snoeijer quoting publication number: PUB406445