About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 5 November 2023
About this role: Mechanical engineer
Our Client operates and maintains 6 power stations in Western Australia. With a 20-year history in the state, they provide safe, clean and reliable power to large mining and industrial customers and have invested significantly in stable, long-term contracts.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated individual to join our clients team in Western Australia. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager as the Mechanical Engineer, you will to support the development, documentation and maintenance of the mechanical asset management systems inclusive of the supporting corporate technical standards, processes, systems and procedures and in line with regulatory requirements.
The role provides specialist technical support and project management services to the operations and maintenance groups who are accountable for the delivery of the site-specific asset management plans
The role will provide advice and guidance to the operational sites on a wide range of asset and life cycle issues with a specific focus on mechanical plant and equipment.
Key highlights of the role are:
- Full corporate health insurance cover for yourself and family
- 7 wellness days annually – extra leave
- Eligibility for annual bonus
As the Mechanical Engineer you will:
- Be accountable to provide the day-to-day engineering support to operations, maintenance to ensure the facility can operate safely and in compliance within technical policies, procedures and standards by establish a collaborative work environment with team, peers, stakeholders and support groups to ensure issues may be resolved in a professional and productive manner
- In conjunction with the operational sites develop, document, and communicate the asset management plans so as to ensure the asset management plans are aligned with and meet the business strategic requirement.
- Provide technical support to enable the site teams to deliver sustaining capital expenditure projects, this can include project management, scope development, risk assessment and on site execution.
- Support the development of an asset management culture that facilitates the implementation of the asset management system via clear direction and leadership at the site level.
- Provide technical support to the development team to enable the team to develop and deliver projects, this may include scope development, design review, project execution and operationalization of the projects into the business operations functions.
- Be the subject matter expert SME for the business on all aspects of mechanical engineering and associated statutory compliance, such as pressure parts, gas turbines, gas pipelines, gas handling and storage, reciprocating engines and rotating plant.
- Accountable to complete timely Root Cause Failure Analysis, as well as recommending corrective actions
- Be Accountable for completing technical due diligence for M&A and Business Development projects in line with standards set forth including using analytical tools such as HAZOP or RCM
- Be Accountable for timely escalation to the Plant Manager of technical issues and risks that effect overall accountability. As well to recommend any immediate actions, inspections or testing that maybe required as a part of the risk escalation
We are looking for the following must-have qualifications and experience to be successful in this role:
- Tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering or equivalent;
- NER Professional registered engineer status;
- Membership of associated institution;
- Extensive practical experience in the utilities sector including renewables / heavy industry; specifically with rotating plant, pressure parts and systems;
- Experience in the development, management and delivery of Capex budgets;
- Strategic understanding of the operation and maintenance of power plants, with demonstrated experience in the development and management of asset plans;
- Highly developed communication skills;
- High level experience with project management, asset integrity and equipment reliability assessment;
- Strong problem solving skills to enable resolution of administrative, operational or maintenance issues;
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills and the ability to build and influence external and internal relationships;
- High degree of computer literacy and skills is using Microsoft Office suite of products;
- Experience with use of and management of computerised maintenance management systems such as SAP;
- “C” Class Drivers Licence.
Our Client offers excellent working conditions and are looking to recruit a motivated team member who is keen to enhance their skills in a specialised field. Our client offers a competitive remuneration package including private health insurance and eligibility for an annual bonus.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Shortlisting will commence immediately, and we reserve the right to close applications at our sole discretion. Successful candidates will be required to provide a valid police clearance(within last 6 months). We are unable to offer VISA sponsorship for overseas applicants. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Matthew Robertson is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth