About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Saudi Arabia
What is required?
- hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 31 March 2023
About this role: Materials Modeling & Data Science Specialist
- Centre of Excellence (CCoE) at Company’s Research & Development Center (R&DC). The CCoE is responsible for designing innovative catalysts to convert oil and natural gas into higher value fuels and chemicals, in addition to sustainability catalysts which enable CO2 utilization, low-carbon fuels production, and a hydrogen economy;
- The candidate will lead multiple projects and tasks associated with Materials Modeling & Data Science as part of a team which will accelerate the discovery of catalytic materials to resolve significant challenges in the hydrocarbon industry and will complement existing experimental work through theoretical framework;
- Develop computational models to simulate catalytic reactions, model a variety of catalytic systems (e.g. metals, metal oxides, and zeolites), develop fundamental understanding for these complex reaction systems, and propose new catalysts to overcome the limitations of existing catalysts;
- Use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to develop surrogate models to propose new catalysts based on previous experimental results with the goals of accelerating the timeline for materials discovery and optimizing the outcome of the catalytic process (e.g. yield, conversion, and process conditions);
- Remain updated with the current and fast evolving field, be able to publish technical findings in international peer reviewed journals and spread awareness of the latest tools and techniques in the organization;
- Oversee and provide technical leadership to a team of junior scientists and engineers and be responsible for the training and development of junior mentees;
- Organize and lead teams for specific projects and tasks and manage discussions with internal and external project teams.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or a related field from a recognized institution. Strong background in catalysis, DFT and data science;
- A robust theoretical background in computational catalysis using density functional theory (DFT), microkinetic modeling, data science, and strong software development skills. Exposure to process engineering is preferred;
- Ability to present theoretical interpretation to experimental observations, using theoretical background to predict new and improved catalysts, and use data science to generate surrogate models to propose new catalysts based on limited experimental data;
- At least five years relevant experience;
- Strong record of publications in recognized peer-reviewed journals and presented research outcomes in international events. Outstanding communication skills in English is also a requirement;
- Experience with process simulations and techno-economic evaluations is preferred. Granted patents based on novel research results is also preferred.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mohammad Shujat Qureshi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Mohammad Shujat Qureshi
Brunel Energy India Mumbai