About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 14 December 2023
About this role: Lead Project Engineer
- Coordinate various engineering scopes of work required to progress the Compression project.
- The role is required to demonstrate understanding of the requirements of FEED and EPC phases, effectively communicating and translating company requirements and data into an efficient delivery from the contractor in compliance with company requirements, standards, specifications and instructions.
- Provide visible safety leadership through active participation in the Compression Project Safety Program and conducting all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company policies and procedures, always ensuring the welfare of personnel and the protection of assets and the environment.
- Advise the Engineering contractor in the delivery of the Project Design in accordance with Company requirements and specifications, provide guidance and input into contractor strategies/procedures to achieve project integration objectives as required.
- Engage and coordinate engineering activities across disciplines including Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Pipeline, Umbilical, HSSE and Risk and close-out multi-disciplinary engineering related issues as requested to support each Project delivery where the Projects have limited resources.
- Report progress of engineering surveillance and close-out of engineering issues on weekly basis for presentation to management and ensure project deliverables and activities associated with all packages are achieved in accordance with the project milestone dates.
- Demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of project details to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to seek guidance on areas beyond their technical knowledge and manage implementation of solutions; ensuring to advise management in a timely manner where issues are unable to be resolved and may impact the project delivery.
- Supervise and steward the contractors in the safe delivery of the engineering sections of the work scope and monitoring the work progress.
- Deputize for Engineering Manager and chair meetings if required to collect and disseminate information pertaining to engineering actions.
- Review and comment on contractor and supplier documentation as required in a timely manner ensuring compliance with company requirements, standards and specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- 8 years' experience in discipline with 3 years demonstrated lead engineer experience in major capital projects in the oil and gas industry.
- Require previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment and knowledge of offshore EPC contractors, subcontractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Strong technical, analytical and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and experience of project management systems.
- Strong knowledge of engineering/design software systems and tools.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 July 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha