About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, 12 October 2022
About this role: Lead Of Mechanical Engineering
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally;
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Company Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Company Project Management System (COMPANYPMS);
- Perform a cold eyes review of key mechanical FEED deliverables;
- During the ITT phase, provide technical information/clarifications requested by the bidders;
- Leads mechanical engineering design and planning activities and ensures EPC contractor develops detailed design in accordance with local regulatory requirements, industry standards, project specifications and any approved variations;
- Resolve mechanical discipline issues to ensure engineering design addresses Project’s expectations and objectives. Communicate and elevate issues before they escalate to Project Management when necessary;
- Review technical aspects of mechanical equipment purchase orders with EPC Contractor and vendors in accordance with the roles and responsibilities stated in applicable contract(s) to ensure safe and seamless integration of new mechanical equipment into the existing operating facilities (when applicable);
- Assess discipline plans and work schedules to ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays;
- Develop, update and amend design / project philosophies, specifications and procedures ensuring that all references to Mechanical Engineering are current and relevant;
- Monitor and provide guidance to EPC Contractor to ensure key discipline deliverables, progress/milestones are met. Recommend additional technical support where necessary to address gaps;
- Coordinate and analyze discipline issues for resolution. Provide Mechanical Engineering input to other engineering disciplines, construction, procurement etc. as necessary. Support commissioning, start-up and system completing activities and make appropriate recommendations to management on Mechanical matters;
- Plan and schedule Mechanical Engineering deliverables to enable efficient execution in meeting project milestones/schedule;
- Leads Mechanical interface coordination with offshore, RLIC, or any third party, as required, during the ITT and EPC phases;
- Contribute to Safety analysis studies and provide the required input to support project management in key decisions making. Participate in sharing lessons learned, together with capturing current lessons learned to benefit future projects.
- 15 years’ experience of Mechanical Engineering, preferably in a major LNG Project. Broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore LNG facilities and utility systems design, construction and operations;
- Requires demonstrated broad Mechanical equipment and systems experience (large pressure vessels, exchangers (including cryogenic), columns, large storage tanks;
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering equivalent.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha