About this job
- Area of Expertise: Embedded Software
- Location: Singapore
What is required?
- hours per week: 0
- Education level:
- Closing date: Wednesday, 6 December 2023
About this role: Lead Engineer, Material & Corrosion
Overall Job Purpose:
- To lead, supervise, and guide Material and Corrosion Engineers in the preparation of Corrosion Assessment and Material Selection Studies for FSO/FPSO facilities (topsides/turret/marine) following Company Guidelines and Standards. The Lead Engineer may be also required to prepare such studies.
- To lead, supervise, and guide Material and Corrosion Engineers in the preparation of Engineering deliverables associated with Materials and Corrosion discipline during FPSO / FSO projects FEEDs, Detailed Engineering and Execution phases effectively and efficiently according to the specified technical requirements, timelines, and budgets. The Lead Engineer may be also required to prepare such deliverables.
- To interact with Group Leads at other entities (Proposal Office, Operations, etc.) to discuss and assess lessons learned, root cause investigations, etc. for improvement of Corporate Standards and Philosophies.
- Support Senior Lead Engineer / Technical Authority participating in the review cycle and preparation of Corporate Standards related to Corrosion Assessment and Materials Selection, Sour Service, Welding, Surface Preparation and Coatings, Cathodic Protection, Piping and Valve Materials, etc.
- Provide overall supervision, guidance and support to Material and Corrosion Engineers during FEED, Detailed Engineering and Execution phases.The Lead is expected supervise and/or perform work to ensure the work and deliverables are performed/ issued as per Company Standards and Guidelines, as per Project Technical Requirements, with required quality, within budget, and in line with Company Goal of maximizing value to Company and all stakeholders through the life of the facility (i.e. maximize life cycle profit and uptime)
- Provide Training and Couching to Material and Corrosion Engineers in the areas of corrosion assessment, material selection, coatings, metallurgy, cathodic protection, etc.
- Interact with Group Leads at other entities (Proposal Office, Operations, etc.) to discuss lessons learned, root cause investigations, etc.
- Liaise with Operations Integrity Teams to participate in the improvement of Corrosion Monitoring and Chemical Injection Optimization Strategies.
- Represent Materials Group in key stakeholder (Client / Supplier / Sub-contractor / Class) meetings, reviews stakeholders’ documents / comments and addresses interface/implementation/execution issues and escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Materials & Corrosion Engineering degree at Bachelor or Master degree level.
- Minimum 12 years (with Bachelor) / 11years (with Master) relevant working experience as Materials /Corrosion Engineer in Oil and Gas Sector.
- Comprehensive experience in Offshore Oil and Gas Processing Facilities related to corrosion, corrosion mitigation strategies, corrosion monitoring, material selection, surface preparation and coatings, cathodic protection, metallurgy (welding, manufacturing), etc. and comprehensive knowledge of Industry Codes and Standards (NACE MR 0175 / ISO 15156, ISO 21457, ASME B31.3, NORSOK M001, NORSOK M501, etc.).
- Lead Engineer should be familiar with processing facilities and understand main process concepts involving Oil Separation and Stabilization, Produced Water Treatment, Gas Sweetening and Dehydration, Gas Compression, Seawater Treatment, etc.
- Software: 1) MS Office 2) ECE (corrosion model) (preferred) or equivalent corrosion model
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel provides business services specialising in flexible deployment of professionals in the field of Engineering, IT, Legal, Finance and all disciplines in the Oil & Gas industry. Our objective is to provide both our Clients and our Consultants excellence in all aspects of our service from resource planning through to the full life cycle of the assignment. Our Recruitment and Operations staff are experts in their fields with access to the best available network systems and are managed by experienced professionals. The added knowledge of, and proven ability in, international logistics and local laws and regulations enables us to provide an efficient, cost effective and fully compliant service.
Since our incorporation in 1975, we have developed into an international group with over 11,000 employees and an annual turnover over € 1,3 billion (2015). We operate from our own international network of more than 109 branch offices in 40 countries.
Brunel’s operational excellence is the product of over 38 years of successful business conducted throughout the world. This wealth of experience provides our Clients and Consultants with the confidence that their resourcing and employment requirements will be managed with the highest level of professionalism. This high level of service is the foundation of Brunel’s excellent reputation which in turn gives us access to the best of both Clients and Consultants
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Singapore is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Singapore