About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, 3 December 2023
About this role: Instrumentation Engineer
- Study and develop conceptual designs, prepare detailed engineering solutions, plan, monitor and coordinate all assigned modifications and projects in conjunction with project management and end user team for a wide range of tasks related to discipline scope.
- Act as a key focal point for discipline engineering aspects for the in-house engineering/subcontracted engineering and review the design/engineering work conducted in line with defined requirements, industry best practices and contractual agreements.
- Act as a technical expert for all matters related to Instrumentation & Control systems across assigned projects, ensuring timely provision of efficient and reliable services to solve technical issues in the production plant.
- Support in efficient and cost-effective delivery of Instrumentation & Control systems services for assigned projects. Participate in costing and preparation of budgets for Instrumentation & Control systems engineering projects for COMPANY.
- Carry out feasibility studies and comprehensive testing to support financial and technical viability of new Instrumentation & Control systems and provide recommendations as appropriate. Develop specifications of Instrumentation & Control systems associated with new projects.
- Coordinate Instrumentation & Control systems engineering review and approval of design, equipment and interface with contractors and vendors on COMPANY’s requirement.
- Ensure projects’ Instrumentation & Control systems engineering activities are executed according to specifications, within budget, with the contract scope of work and meets the time schedules while highlighting any non-conformances to the reporting COMPANY supervisor.
- Gather and analyze pertinent data and information and prepare recommendations with supporting technical data for the effective development of specifications and equipment data sheets.
- Lead meetings related to all aspects of Instrumentation & Control systems engineering matters for proper interdisciplinary communications related to the project, working closely with project teams to support achievement of project deliverables.
- Carryout technical reviews of all areas of work covered under Instrumentation & Control systems engineering projects while evaluating requests and recommending appropriate solutions and proposing changes as necessary within the defined project scope and protocols to facilitate achievement of defined objectives.
- Sets up and executes assigned engineering activities such as detailed design, verification and studies relevant to any engineering topic associated to discipline, pursuing objectives of sound engineering and design optimization in term of costs, fabrication simplicity and safety.
- Prepares design specifications for field instruments, PLC/DCS Control systems, Fire & Gas systems, analyzers, Vibration monitoring systems etc.
- Participate in technical discussions to resolve technical problems. Provide cost effective engineering solutions based on good engineering practices, codes and standards.
- Prepare orifice sizing calculations, control valve sizing calculations, thermo well wake frequency calculations etc.
- Detailed engineering works such as preparation of instrument layouts, hook up drawings, loop drawings, wiring diagrams, cable schedule, interface drawings etc.
- Prepare Instrumentation & Control systems specifications for Package items such as compressors, blowers, pumps, tanks etc.
- Prepare PLC/DCS functional logic diagrams based on the Control Narrative, Cause & effect etc.
- Participate in LOPA analysis and HAZOP meetings.
- Issue Purchase Requisitions and perform technical bid evaluations.
- Prepares MTOs and BOQs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation & Control Engineering (full time course).
- 10 years’ experience in the field of engineering in an engineering consultancy/Operating plant (Petrochemical/Oil & gas/Fertilizer) with at least 8 years in the design field of Petrochemical/Oil & gas/Fertilizer projects.
- Knowledge of Industrial Instrumentation & Control engineering
- Knowledge of Industrial Codes & Standards
- Very good knowledge in the selection of flow, pressure, level and temperature instruments & Control valves for different applications,
- Very good knowledge in instruments & control valve specifications and data sheets preparation
- Experience in the detailed engineering works such as preparation of instrument hook up drawings, loop drawings, wiring diagrams, cable schedule, interface drawings etc.
- Experience in data sheet preparation and selection of instrument cables, instrument tubes & fittings, cable glands etc.
- Experience in Package items engineering & vendor document review.
- Good knowledge in DCS/PLC control systems, its architecture, networking and industrial communication protocols.
- Experience in interlocks and functional logic preparation.
- Experience in flow orifice sizing calculations, control valve sizing and thermo well Wake frequency calculations using relevant soft wares.
- Good knowledge in Fire & Gas systems and its selection.
- Reasonable knowledge in Fibre optic communications and its networking.
- Reasonable knowledge in Liquid and Gas analyzers.
- Reasonable knowledge in Vibration monitoring systems, its selection and engineering.
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours /5 Days
- up to 5 years
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chirag Bhatt is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha