About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 10 October 2022
About this role: I&C Lead Engineer
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021)
- Ensure for assigned scope Instrument and Control (I&C) engineering activities are conducted inaccordance with project specifications and approved variations if any. Accountable for a qualitydesign of I&C engineering deliverables, including design safety aspects and execution planning of I&C field activities
- Drive work execution, ensuring technical alignment and quality with various disciplinesstakeholders from both PMT and Engineering Contractor. Provides guidance to EngineeringContractor to complete I&C design per project specifications in a timely manner and provides clear direction when project instructions or specifications are not clear
- Manage the Integrated Control and Safety Systems (ICSS) purchase order with the EngineeringContractor and System Vendor in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in thecontract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to theexisting operating facilities.
- Drive the Engineering Contractor to develop plans and work schedules that ensure effectivecompletion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
- Support multi-discipline activities providing I&C expertise to other disciplines as necessary, insupport of completing activities within schedule and making appropriate recommendations tomanagement on I&C issues.
- Key effort to support interfacing between key vendors and engineering Contractor to ensurequality and execution objectives are met.
- Provides field engineering support to construction and commissioning works to ensure fieldexecution at site meets project plans.
- 15 years’ experience working in Instrument and Controls, in a Major Oil and Gas Project with broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- Previous knowledge of Smart Junction Box or similar Technologies preferred
- Requires demonstrated broad Instruments & Controls equipment and systems experience (DCS & SIS, Fire & Gas, System Virtualization) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes
- Field commissioning experience desirable
- Bachelor Degree in Instrument Engineering or equivalent.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha