About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, 12 December 2023
About this role: HV & MV Electrical Construction Coordinator
- Required core attributes, professionalism, enthusiasm and pragmatism, an individual who understands the importance of a working collaboratively with a team but is still able to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Is client representation focused, and underpins all actions based on a sound initiative taking HSE mindset. Able to communicate concisely at all levels, with all stakeholders across their discipline and the wider project teams.
- Candidates must have an industry recognized Electrical trade/discipline specific qualification, from a recognized trade school and/or university, which shall be backed up with a minimum of 10 years of demonstrable site based MV/HV electrical installation and testing experience in a client focused discipline construction coordination role, within an onshore Chemical and or Petrochemical Greenfield/Brownfield environment, in the Middle East.
- They should have exceptional analytical and time-management skills, an ability to find and act on improvement opportunities, easing the CTR in that direction, as well as recognize and react appropriately to any emergent issues, throughout Contractors build execution sequence and schedule.
- The role requires a sound understanding of industrial construction project execute management processes, and the monitoring and reporting of same, from a client standpoint.
- The incumbent is expected to ensure compliance with, and therefore be conversant in all discipline specific international Electrical technical codes & standards, in addition to Company codes and specifications, as well as in country federal codes and laws, consulting with Contractor’s site team’s and inspectors, to ensure compliance with same.
- They should be subject matter experts in the construction/installation practices associated with significant Medium and High voltage infrastructure, e.g., substations, surface and sub surface cable installations distribution networks, protection HV cable splicing and jointing, along with other electrical installation works such as switchgear & motors and those elements typically found in large scale petrochemical manufacturing facility settings.
- HV/MV Electrical Construction Coordinators support a larger execution project team and serve as the single point-of-contact for site installation matters related to HV and MV equipment and interconnections.
- Excellent communication, task management and planning skills needed, in addition to technical breadth.
- Oversee the completion of the site based Electrical HV& MV elements of the execution of Contractors entire process of discipline specific CWPs (Construction Work Packages) and IWPs (Installation Work Packages), including review and comment.
- Participate in all integrated site planning sessions to input with and supply company specific.
- Reviewing work site implementation schedules from Contractor’s, and work with same to find opportunities and improvements.
- Promote & ease site schedule adherence, tracking and daily execution progress, whilst actively highlighting (and then checking) any potential or emergent issues compiling into a daily report as required by the project.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Contractor’s counterparts, along with other site teams, to ensure that the field is prepared and ready to execute CWP’s, IWP’s, and all other scopes as needed.
- Function as Client focal point in site HV & MV discipline construction matters, providing/easing resolution to technical and non-technical queries, and proactively Identifying proposals and initiatives to maximize productivity and quality of work.
- Coordinating and interfacing with other Client & Contractor disciplines, in the oversite and completion see progressive execution and completion of Electrical works.
- Provide a constant site presence, visiting and inspecting the preparation for and later active work fronts at site, ensuring compliance with all contractually and legally mandated codes, standards, and practices.
- Fluent in English written and spoken.
- Recognized Electrical discipline trade/craft qualification, or discipline engineering degree, as a minimum.
- Earlier experience as a competent RPE, along with MV & HV installation and testing experience
- Fully conversant with safe isolation LOTO (lock out, tag out) procedures.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of chosen Electrical discipline construction execution on a large scale.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong Team ethic, whilst able to work autonomously.
- Computer literate in typical office programs, along with project management and discipline specific software.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 12 Months with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha