About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, 19 October 2022
About this role: Head Of Structures
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally.
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021)
- Provides leadership and expertise to Offshore Structures Team and EPC contractor, vendors and/or engineering subcontractors, as required, to ensure quality assurance and production timing of the Offshore Structures engineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule and budget.
- Manage timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description of all Offshore Structures related purchase orders and own the associated technical attachments and scope description to all fabrication and construction contracts.
- Manage Offshore Structures engineering design in accordance with the project's change management program and own the Offshore Structures engineering schedule and critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc.); develop and steward recovery plans to address any schedule delays and resolution of contractor's engineering claims, if any.
- Responsible for previous lessons learned knowledge and capturing and communicating Offshore Structures engineering and design lessons learned for the current project.
- Assess contractor capability in respect to compliance with Company policies for prevention of information brokering, business standard guidelines, engineering and design procedures, processes, and deliverables, staffing plans, personnel suitability and adequacy ensuring Offshore Structures engineering or other technical support is available to address gaps.
- Manage Contractor's Offshore Structures related activities in respect to engineering execution by ensuring familiarity with Offshore Structures engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements; project is adequately staffed; employ the appropriate Offshore Structures design tools, including computer hardware and software; adheres to all appropriate Offshore Structures specifications, standards and design verification processes; provide all contract documents and accurate progress measurement and reporting.
- Cooperate with review teams and support post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.
- 20 years' overall experience, 15 years’ relevant experience (oil and gas industry) with 5 years at senior project engineering / engineering supervision level with overall responsibility for engineering execution of large topsides projects (>20,000t). Broad and extensive knowledge of design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities and structural design, construction, operations, and engineering administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarfraz Mohammad is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai