About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Renewable Energy
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Sydney
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, 12 October 2022
About this role: Head of Engineering and Technical Services | Renewables
Brunel is proudly representing an Australian engineering company specialising in renewable energy. They lead the way in developing distributed energy resources (DERs) solutions for commercial customers.
Our client's mission is to provide our customers with the best solutions that implement clean energy investment, reduce costs significantly, are future-focused, and meet sustainability objectives.
The Head of ETS is Responsible for the management and execution of the design and engineering of microgrid solutions for customers within the Engineering & Technical Services Division. This includes project engineering of Solar PV power generation and storage systems, technical specification and implementation, testing, and commissioning.
The Head of ETS also utilizes and mentors the other engineers in the Division as part of a complete team to ensure project design activities, goals, and targets are completed on time, on—budget, and thriving with a critical emphasis on realizing a project from concept design to detailed for-construction design delivered to the customer.
- In charge of new technology approvals and engineering aspects of new product development.Develop concept and preliminary design and engineering for the Sales Team.
- Work with the Sales Team to evaluate customer data to provide technical solutions suitable to the commercial parameters of the opportunity.
- Provide inspections of sites before, during, and after projects verifying installations. Conduct grid applications with local DNSPs and negotiate outcomes for projects.
- Develop technical solutions as defined in the Solution Design Phase, including preliminary Solar array roof layouts, Single Line Diagrams, Electrical protection schemes, storage solution definition, system operational synopsis, and system arrangement. Monitor and approve 2&3D modeling of systems.
- Coordinate all technical project aspects for EPCs, installers, suppliers, and customers. Responding promptly to queries and problem-solving.
- Oversee all grid permitting required for the project with DNSPs. Assist Project Development in any development applications or authorities approvals.
- Oversee preparation of full work packs, including drawings, functional, technical, and performance specifications, engineering assessments, bills of materials, and scopes of work.
- Assist Project Development in compiling project RFQs, managing response to technical queries from vendors, and providing technical oversight to evaluate tenders by vendors.
- Represent the company as owner’s engineer in accepting ITP and subsequent review of commissioning results before handover.
- Provide technical advice to the O&M team and assist in auditing performance guarantees and fault-finding support where required.
- Investigate, assess and model the potential of new technologies, products, and methodologies and apply where appropriate to the existing product offering.
- Provide guidance and assist in the development of all engineering staff members
An attractive salary package is on offer for the right candidate.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
- Minimum of ten years of project experience, in-depth knowledge, and understanding of technical specifications and operation of: Solar Generation systems – Solar PV panels, solar PV inverters - Battery energy storage systems – battery storage and battery management systems, battery power converter technologies - Control systems – microgrid and other relevant electrical control systems, including PLCs and communications protocols - Electrical grid protection systems, AC & DC schematics
- A team player with the ability to work autonomously as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, science, engineering, and business field
- Full Australian working rights
- Fluent in the English language
- Ability to travel interstate to visit client sites as required
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Gareth Clarke is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane