About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 5 June 2023
About this role: Head of Construction NFS Jackets
- Reporting to the NFS Jackets Construction and Installation Division Manager, the Head of Construction is responsible for managing the construction activities of NFS Offshore jackets up to sail away to ensure objectives are safely met within the approved scope and schedule.
- He ensures that all his scope of work is completed in accordance with safety and quality standards applicable.
- Manage all construction site activities of the Project, to ensure the technical objectives are safely met within the approved scope and schedule.
- Accountable for jackets construction and sail away produced by the Jacket project.
- Interfaces with various project teams and departments on resolving related issues that require effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Focal point at site, for promoting and implementing safety on construction site. Implement the safety observations reporting and monitoring;
- Lead the construction team and keep the team committed to targets defined by the project management;
- Assist the Construction Manager in executing Project responsibilities for his scope of work;
- Anticipate, prepare and manage all construction , liftings and load-out activities of the Project, to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule;
- Ensure coordination for site activities and provide technical support with contractor , quality, safety, planning and engineering;
- Review, approve and implement Contractor construction plan;
- Ensure Contractor construction and load out documents and other submittals are timely reviewed and approved in accordance with the EPC contract requirements;
- Review and propose mitigation for construction aspects of the Risk Management Plan. Monitor the mitigation when defined;
- Review all onshore construction changes, including justification for cost and schedule impacts, in accordance with the PMOC procedure;
- Attend to meetings as required, mentor the trainees to develop their project skills and experience while being on site; Maintain a register of lessons learned.
- Engineering Degree or significant relevant experience;
- 10 years of experience in discipline with at least 7 years demonstrated senior construction experience in major capital projects;
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry;
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from variety of cultural backgrounds;
- Worldwide experience with contractors in particular those involved in the construction of Offshore LNG production facilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to communicate and interact within a PMT;
- Application and in depth knowledge of stakeholder specifications and a working knowledge of Industry standards;
- Any Qualification, Technical, or knowledge requirements can be waived through relevant work experience;
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 May 2026
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha