About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, 19 December 2023
About this role: Head of Construction (Corridors)
- To review procedures, method statements, JSA’s, work practices for execution of Onshore Project Construction activities. Provides leadership and oversight for execution activities for the Corridors scope of work.
- The Construction Head Corridors will be responsible for the Onshore Project EPC-3 construction activities in the Corridors This position will cover reporting, review of technical documentation and management of the Contractor’s execution activities.
- Act as the owner of the following construction processes for the Corridors scope of work: a. Construction planning and coordination with stakeholders b. Construction execution c. Construction completion and handover d. Site management e. Construction readiness f. Construction turnover to Operations.
- Hold the EPC-3 contractor to the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Responsible for the review of all scope technical documentation and packages, including method statements, JSA’s, work method statements, and regular reporting of progress.
- Provides safety leadership by example to the EPC-3 Contractor and actively participates in SHES management program including daily toolbox talk (TBT), task instruction (TI) and awareness campaigns.
- Monitor and coordinate site activities of the EPC-3 Contractor and subcontractor(s) in the designated area of responsibility.
- Report on the construction activities, progress, areas of concern and mitigating actions. Participate in construction discipline review meetings.
- Monitor compliance to RLIC permit to work requirements (CPW) and daily sanction eCPW in RLIC areas. Act as Operating Authority within the RLIC system. Perform a similar role and function as Host in OPCO areas.
- Provide accurate, timely and routine reports to the EPC-3 Division Construction Manager.
- Ensures EPC-3 Contractor’s construction activities are completed in accordance with Onshore Project procedures, regulations, specifications, standards, and permit to work procedures as applicable, including relevant RLIC procedures.
- Monitor and ensure correction of non-conformance report items and other issues supporting QA/QC compliance.
- Monitor site material handling, movement, disposal and warehousing procedures associated with pipeline and civil works.
- Work with the Project Team to gage construction risk and prepare mitigation plans.
- Work with the Procurement team to monitor changes to vendor fabrication windows and market conditions for labour equipment and services.
- Work with SHES organizations to maintain fresh and comprehensive emergency response plans for oversight areas.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in a relevant field
- Recognized degree in engineering or construction management, and or prior work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
- Experience in major Construction Projects (including brown-field work) with total capital expenditure >USD$1B
- Recent experience (last 5 years) on Projects and working in Ras Laffan Industrial City
- Pipeline & Civil Construction / Pipe and concrete structure fabrication / road demolishing and restoration/ Road culvert installation / lifting experience of steel support structures and pipe over live pipe racks and facilities
- Strong Knowledge of the execution sequencing of constructing pipelines and demolishing/restoring roads adjacent to operating facilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to review and comment on technical documents
- Good interpersonal skills
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 36 Months with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha