About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Mining
- Area of Expertise: Operations & Maintenance
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- hours per week: 84
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Saturday, 8 October 2022
About this role: Field Technician
Brunel have partnered with multiple of Australia’s leading Mining Operators to successfully recruit and Field Technician's. These positions will be offered on an 8/6 roster from Perth to site. These are an initial 6-month contract with the potential for permanent based on performance.
This position reports into the Field Supervisor. Your responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving safety performance by conducting or assisting in quality Field Leadership and material risk verification exercises
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to the Company Charter, Company Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- Ensure logistics of approved Geoscience work programs are completed safely to required standards
- Delineation and signage of infrastructure including tracks, laydowns, and water sources
- Flagging or pegging of heritage, environmental and program requirements
- Creation or setup of water access, laydown, caravan, generators, fuel tanks or other mobile facilities
- Undertake project closeout activities including collar cutting, collection of signage, removal of waste materials
- Maintain the relevant core yard facilities and waste management
- Assisting in surveys (including heritage / environmental)
- Field approving and entering Earthworks and drilling plods
- Support Field Supervisor in managing equipment service & maintenance and Daily workplace inspections
- Escorting duties when required
- Maintaining asbestos kits
- Managing Blast clearances
- Undertake all sampling related to Geoscience operations, including the recording of information into electronic systems, sample collection, sample/core pickup and dispatch
- Photography of core or as requested by Field Supervisor
- Complete QAQC checks in the fieldIn this role you will sometimes be asked to complete ‘odd jobs’ outside of your role description. Flexibility and a good attitude are essential for this role.
To be eligible for the role you will need:
- Previous Field Technician experience favorable
- Manual C Class Driver’s License - mandatory
- First Aid Certificate- Desirable
- 4wd Training - Desirable
- Able to walk long distances
Our client is one of the leading Iron-Ore producers for Australia, based in the the Pilbara Region. They have a strong set of core values that they uphold in all areas of the company. They appreciate ingenuity, hard work and enthusiasm from their team and in return, offer:
- FIFO from Perth
- 8/6 roster, day shifts only
- Superannuation paid on all hours
- Temp-Perm opportunity based on performance
- Brunel Benefits – referral program, salary packaging including options for flights ex east coast, discounted gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits + more
- Leading market rates
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organizations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 40 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Paige Harding is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Projects Australia Perth