Field Operator (Power Plant)
Vacancy number • PUB406423
- The Field Operator will be responsible for local plant operation to ensure it meets the required availability, reliability, efficiency, generation and cost targets, safely and within strict environmental limits.
- This will include regular equipment start-ups, shutdowns, change overs and regular operation / monitoring, as well as responding to alarms and emergency conditions.
- The role requires a detailed understanding and practical experience of the technologies associated to operating a modern Gas Turbine plant, Desalination plant and a wide range of auxiliary equipment.
About this role
- Safety, Quality & Environment:
- Ensure compliance to relevant Health & Safety and Environmental Management Systems, its Policy, Procedures and Protocols.
- Responsible to perform the duties as Designated Person and other duties in line with the implementation of safety rules.
- Provide monitoring for the ongoing maintenance jobs on assigned areas.
- Reporting of unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviors
- Perform any tasks which may be assigned in the occurrence of any emergency under the Plant Emergency Preparedness Plan Procedure.
- Plant Operations:
- Conducts routine plant checks i.e. plant round ups and completion of log sheets.
- Perform operational actions under direction from the CRO/CRE (i.e. valve operation, switching on/off pumps or resetting the local alarms etc) to avoid any abnormal plant operations or to correct existing abnormalities.
- Perform the duties of stand in CRO/CRE whenever necessary
- Prepares plant for start-ups in accordance with operations procedure.
- Performs plant shut down and extended shut down preservation of plant routines in accordance with operations procedure.
- Perform manual intervention actions during trip conditions and maintains close supervision to ensure safe run down of plant
- Practical application of safety rules performing safe plant isolations from the system to allow routine maintenance activities. De-isolates and restores plant equipment safely to the system.
- Support CRO/CRE during emergency situations
- Monitors and evaluates performance of various plant systems and equipment
- Responsible for maintaining safety and housekeeping of the plant
- Initiates routine operational activities as per routine equipment & changeover procedure at mentioned interval basis.
- Maintenance activity:
- Perform routine site inspections on routine basis to regular update plant equipment status
- Carry out dewatering routine in specified areas of the plant as required
- An engineering related education to diploma level
- Having knowledge and exposure of modern process operations.
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Fire fighting.
- Monthly Rate in QAR (All Inclusive)
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- Permanent Hire
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Deepika Mafatlal Jain quoting publication number: PUB406423