About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 11 December 2023
About this role: Facility Supervisor (Civil/Structural)
- Handles all structural works, associated with structural inspection (façade structure, groundwater seepage in foundations and basements, integrity of external and internal cladding and high ceilings, retaining wall, slabs, expansion joints, waterproofing, etc.), protection and repair works. Reviews fit-out proposals and supports Sr Maintenance Engineer (Civil) for other assigned tasks under Civil Engineering and ensures that assigned Company projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost-effective, within specifications, Codes & Standards, and timely manner.
- Plans and executes various routine, non-routine, preventive, and call-off Structural / Civil Engineering inspections/maintenance/refurbishment works for the assigned work location to ensure the appropriate work is carried out in compliance with Company Policies and Procedures.
- Plans and Coordinates with Company Hard Services Maintenance Contractor, Third third-party consultants and implements periodic inspections of buildings basements / façade / foundations and finalizes reports on all structural engineering matters relating to Company Facilities to ensure asset integrity and that facilities meet legal guidelines, HSSE directives and compliance with Company requirements.
- Reviews and approves SOW / BOQ and Technical Specifications of new tenders for submission to concerned authorities. Reviews Estimates and work Orders and approves ROs, SESs, and EIPs based on manual of authority.
- Participates / delegates in pre-tender meetings, related technical and commercial evaluations/clarifications on contract bids received and administered by the Civil Section, and submits Technical Evaluation reports.
- Attends pre-modification, kick-off, and progress meetings, and coordinates various activities with related stakeholders to convey and implement the project’s requirements. Arranges various access permits and approvals with other Sections.
- Develops/reviews maintenance procedures/guidelines/work instructions / smart objectives within the division. Familiarizes Contractors with latest procedures/guidelines and ensures Corporation’s established contract procedures are being implemented within the Section.
- Closely liaises with the Company Facility Services Supervisors / Technical Support team and end-users for reviewing and approving work and materials selection like glass, steel, claddings, and concrete, for all structural works.
- Reviews and finalizes justifications, and cost estimates and outlines programs for new projects/modification work for inclusion in annual budget and submissions, based on input from line supervisor.
- Reviews and provides comments on shop / as-built drawings, loads, and stresses on different parts of a structure, design standards, program, policies, and procedures from a structural engineering perspective, to ensure the integration of proper end-user requirements, safe facility, and design efficiency.
- Coordinates with other sections within and outside FMH Division for feasibility/work permit/work coordination and all related works with FMH team to achieve end-user satisfaction / maintain target Organizational KPIs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a Structural major/specialty, with good communication and computer skills.
- A minimum of 10 years in construction and maintenance, out of which at least 5 years past experience in a senior position as a Structural Engineer dealing with costs, budgets, and contracts and familiarity with preparation of tender specifications, and associated standards pertaining to local and international regulations.
- A good knowledge of local contractors and an aptitude to understand other disciplines is desirable.
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 26/06/2024 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Bea Cristina Pineda is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Bea Cristina Pineda
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha