About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Safat
What is required?
- hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 22 September 2023
About this role: Electrical Surveyor / Inspector
Brunel International is a leading provider of engineering and technical services for the energy industry. We are looking for an experienced Electrical Inspector / Surveyor for land rig to join our team.
- We are seeking an Electrical Inspector / Surveyor to conduct full rig condition surveys and inspections as per client rules, international codes, API standards, OEM manual and so on;
- The successful candidate will be responsible for performing compliance surveys to electric Hazards area, verifying that all electrical parts in hazards Area are properly used in the corresponding explosion-proof sections, as well as rig condition mechanical parts visual inspection to compliance with API standards;
- Additionally, they will be required to perform drops survey to verify is any easy dropped objective on above 1.8 meters as per DROPS and rig Re-activation inspection in (Cold Stuck or Warm Stuck) in site. Document survey will also be part of this role, reviewing the rig document, like COC, operation manuals, maintenance manuals etc.
- Compliance survey to electric Hazards area: As per client rules and IEC or API codes performing compliance survey to rig electrical equipment which has been installed in Hazards Area, verifying that all electrical parts in hazards Area are properly used in the corresponding explosion-proof sections;
- Rig condition mechanical parts visual inspection to compliance with API standards, such as API4F, API 8C, API 7K, API 6A, API, 16C, 16D & STD 53 etc;
- Drops survey to verify is any easy dropped objective on above 1.8 meters as per DROPS.
Rig equipment condition survey
- Perform rig Re-activation inspection in (Cold Stuck or Warm Stuck) in site, monitoring test inspection for single equipment (rotary table, travelling block, TDS, mud tank, pumps, BOP, MCC, diesel engine etc.) and whole drilling rig to verify equipment mechanical, electrical and hydraulic system condition whether to meet the specification. Endurance testing will be included in this section;
- Document survey: review the rig document, like COC, operation manuals, maintenance manuals, etc. to confirm whether documents control meet the requirement of oil field drilling.
We offer a competitive salary package with excellent benefits including health insurance coverage. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for career progression within a dynamic organisation.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel International is a leading provider of engineering and technical services for the energy industry. We provide innovative solutions that help our clients achieve their goals while providing exceptional service delivery across multiple sectors including oil & gas exploration & production; refining & petrochemicals; power generation; renewable energy; pharmaceuticals; chemicals; infrastructure & transportation; mining & minerals; food & beverage; manufacturing; technology & communications; water treatment & utilities.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Kevin Colaco is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Kuwait