About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Drilling, Completions & Geosciences
- Location: Safat
What is required?
- hours per week: 72
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 18 December 2023
About this role: Drilling Monitoring Engineer
Brunel International is looking for a Drilling Monitoring Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing 24hr Operations support in Real time Drilling operations for rotation of 6 weeks on/three weeks off.
- To provide 24hr Operations support in Real time Drilling operations for rotation of 6 weeks on/three weeks off;
- Responsible to handle and support 3 major sections of operations – Pre-Well Planning, Drilling Operation support & Post Well Reporting for 5 wells simultaneously.
Role / Responsibility:
- Pre-Well Planning phase- Prepare Hydraulics, Torque & Drag Plots (road maps) and compare Planned vs Actual data to identify deviation;
- Drilling Operation support - Proactive monitoring and QC of ML, LWD, DD, Wireline, Completion data;
- Compile, analyse and deliver information in timely manner for decision making;
- Consolidate Bit, BHA details and track performance;
- Monitor and track Real time ECD vs planned, hole cleaning trends;
- Prepare Daily report and Distribution;
- Track and measure various KPI designed by stake holders, routinely share this information;
- Near real time analysis for rig performance, NPT, ILT tracking and reporting;
- Post Well Analysis- includes statistical analysis of rig performance, NPT, ILT tracking and reporting;
- Maintain Tripping speed Analysis, Bit records;
- Completion of all required training per given timelines;
- Must understand and comply with all QHSE policies
Skill and Knowledge:
- Demonstrate skills related to problem-solving, decision-making, judgment, leadership, root-cause analysis, KPI optimization and team collaboration to lead and influence others to drive change;
- Demonstrate report-writing skills;
- Ability to calmly manage crisis situations, Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Graduate in Engineering or Equivalent Degree;
- Master’s degree in petroleum or Geology with relevant domain experience.
- Min 4+ years’ experience in RTOCs with 4+ years of Mud logging / Drilling Engineer work experience.
- Schedule- 12 Hrs. / day (day and night) 7 Days/Week;
- Office environment;
- Indoor work;
- Rotation 6 weeks / 3 weeks.
We offer an excellent salary package and career development opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to join our team and contribute to our success.
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel International is a leading provider of services, solutions, and technology within the oil & gas industry. We are committed to providing our clients with innovative solutions that help them achieve their goals. Our team consists of highly skilled professionals who are dedicated to delivering quality services that exceed customer expectations.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Kevin Colaco is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Kuwait