About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, 27 October 2022
About this role: Drilling Engineer
- Provide day to day office based well operations support and attend relevant meetings.
- Provide technical input in tendering, evaluation and award of completion and testing service contracts.
- Ensure well designs and construction procedures comply with the requirements identified by the Exploration and Development team and the relevant legislative requirements.
- Liaison with Production and Subsurface teams to ensure that objectives for well construction and/or well intervention are set and fully detailed in the procedures for each well with: Rig and service contractors in planning and operations processes and Well Test and Completions engineers on testing and completion requirements.
- Responsible for work planning and scheduling, for the technical content of all programmes and programme amendments for the construction, re-entry, repair of a well, for casing, cement, directional, bit selection, drilling fluids/well hydraulics, completion fluids, drill string, data acquisition, well suspension, well intervention design work and rig moves.
- Responsible for modelling of drilling load scenarios, technical analysis, contingency plans and solutions for well challenges and performance and lost time reporting and analysis.
- Responsible for well risk assessment and contingency planning.
- Responsible for the prediction of Fracture and Pore pressure for use in the well construction design, and oil spill/chemical discharge contingency and environmental impact evaluation of the well construction process.
- Prepare statutory notifications to government and other parties, cost estimates and Authorisation for Expenditure (AFE) for planning and well construction / intervention / repair.
- Prepare after-action reviews, performance monitoring and final well reports, prepare End of Well Reports (EOWR), ad hoc drilling engineering reports.
- Perform predrilling reviews and multi-function reviews in advance of operations.
- Work at wellsite to gain further operations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) to ten years (10) drilling and well completion experience working for international operating companies.
- Experience in drilling, well services engineering and operations.
- Strong background in drilling engineering and well testing design in addition to a basic knowledge of completion and well testing engineering.
- International experience and significant offshore jackup and platform rig/workover rig experience.
- Experience in using standard drilling software like Landmark Stress Check, Casing Seat, etc.
- Valid International Well Control Forum (IWCF) certificate, supervisor level for surface blowout preventer (BOP).
- Valid OPITO Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) certificate. Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Sea Survival certification may be accepted at the discretion of Health, Safety Department.
- Technical writing skills are essential.
- Team player in a multidiscipline group.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Independent thinker and open to new ideas.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Working towards tight timelines under pressure.
- Prepared to go offshore and work excessive hours if required.
- Computer literate and power user of Microsoft Office.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai