About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 2 October 2023
About this role: Construction Lead Sub-Sea Structures
- Reporting to the Offshore Construction and Installation Division Manager Pipelines & Cables, the Head of Construction Offshore Installation is responsible for managing the construction activities of Offshore Pipelines Sub-Sea Structures. To ensure objectives are safely met within the approved scope and schedule and to the highest quality standards applicable.
- Manage all construction and installation sub-structures site activities of the Project, to ensure the technical objectives are safely met within the approved scope and schedule.
- Accountable for construction and offshore installation activities of crossing including sleepers, bridging, drop object protection, and wye skids per the project milestones.
- Interfaces with various project teams and departments on resolving related issues that require effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Focal point at site, for promoting and implementing safety on construction site. Implement the safety observations reporting and monitoring.
- Lead the sub-sea structures construction team and keep the team committed to targets defined by the project management. Manage daily installation operations sub-structures, conduct site trips regularly, fill in as a Company Reps if required, direct and supervise Company Reps.
- Assist Offshore Head of Construction Offshore Installation in executing Project responsibilities for the sub-sea structures scope of work.
- Anticipate, prepare and supervise all construction, liftings, diving and sub-sea structures related activities of the Project, to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget and schedule.
- Ensure coordination for sub-sea structures site activities and provide technical support with contractor, quality, safety, planning and engineering.
- Review EPCI Contractor documentation related to sub-structures construction and installation, and participate in Constructability reviews, Hazid/HAZOP and similar workshops during EPCI phase.
- Supervise the sub-structures construction and installation input into gate deliverables and site implementation.
- Ensure Contractor sub-sea structures construction and installation documents and other submittals are timely reviewed and approved in accordance with the EPC contract requirements.
- Review and propose mitigation for construction aspects of the Risk Management Plan and monitor the mitigation when agreed. Review all sub-sea structures construction and installation changes, including justification for cost and schedule impacts, in accordance with the PMOC procedure.
- Engineering Degree or similar, relevant experience may be taken if coupled with HNC/HND.
- 10 years experience in construction with at least 8 years demonstrated at a senior construction level in major capital pipeline & cable projects within the offshore oil and gas industry.
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Worldwide experience with contractors in particular those involved in the construction of Offshore LNG production facilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to communicate and interact within a PMT
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 Sep 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha