About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 11 December 2023
About this role: Commissioning, Process & Piping Lead
- Reporting to Head of Commissioning Offshore, the Commissioning Process and Piping Specialist is responsible for managing process and Piping Commissioning during preparation and execution stage of Offshore Project to ensure objectives are safely met within the approved scope and schedule.
- Commissioning Process and Piping Specialist shall ensures that all his scope of work is completed in accordance with safety and quality standards applicable.
- Manage all Process and Piping to ensure the technical objectives are safely met within the approved scope, quality and schedule.
- Accountable for Process and Piping commissioning activities
- Interfaces with various project teams and departments on resolving related issues that require effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Focal point for Process and Piping activities starting from preparation stage to final acceptance, for promoting and implementing of system completion and system completion database at site, Implement system completion including reporting, monitoring and control.
- Lead execution for Process and Piping at site (onshore/offshore) and keep commissioning execution committed to targets defined by the project management. Review and approval of commissioning deliverable provided by EPC Contractor
- Champion initiatives with the Contractor to deliver on the project objectives i.e. safety, quality, cost and schedule and review for contractor’s commissioning execution effort and provide recommendations as necessary.
- Provide guidance and timely review on contractor’s commissioning execution plan and processes verifying fitness for purpose and compliance with contract requirements including codes and standards.
- Ensure coordination and communication for site activities with other discipline such as construction, Hook up and Completion Team and SHE representative and provide technical support with contractor, quality, safety, planning, engineering and start up/ performance testing.
- Review, approve and implement Commissioning system completion and commissioning technical documents prepared by EPC Contractor.
- Review and propose mitigation for Commissioning aspects of the Risk Management Plan and Monitor the mitigation when defined
- Review all Commissioning changes, including justification for cost and schedule impacts, in accordance with the PMOC procedure. Maintain a register of lessons learned.
- Min 8+ years of total experiences with at least 6 years demonstrated as commissioning experience in major capital projects
- Relevant degree or HNC , or significant relevant experience and trade qualification.
- Experiences for manage Process and Piping commissioning activities during preparation of system completion database, technical commissioning deliverable, execution stage at fabrication yard, onshore, offshore commissioning and during integration testing with other contractor.
- Hand on experiences with system completion database ICAPS and OPERCOM Methodology.
- Worldwide commissioning experience with contractors or under company in particular those involved in the Commissioning and start up support of Offshore production facilities.
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from variety of multi-cultural backgrounds
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
- Ability to communicate with Contractor’s team and obtain required information as requested.
- Experienced with Interface coordination and support activities and documentation.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 Sep 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Babu Harishchandra Jadhav
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha