About this role: Head, Planning & Risk
- Establish the practices, processes and methods associated with Project Planning, schedules, and formulate progress measurement and coordination of reporting functions for the Projects and Major Projects department.
- Define the risk management practices, processes and methods associated with Major Projects scope and ensure compliance is maintained. Risk management reporting at project, Major Projects department and COMPANY level is maintained throughout the course of Projects.
- Ensure creating, monitoring, and coordinating the project scheduling, planning, progress measurement activities and integrated project schedule for all stages of project with analysis of critical path and potential clashes and proposal of remedial actions/solutions,
- Develop and maintain documentation for all scheduling and progress measurement processes,
- Establish project baseline planning and ensure timely and consistent project schedule monitoring and follow up the progress.
- Implement and coordinate risk management activities throughout the project to achieve successful completion of the project on time with respect to costs and specifications,
- Facilitate and Perform Project schedule and cost risk analyses (PSCRA) for Projects scope within Major Projects.
- Manage/focal point for Subject matters for Planning, scheduling, Progress reporting and Risk Management functions.
- Ensure the weekly reports, monthly status reports are being reported at Project level in expected frequency,
- Provide regular contributions to COMPANY Integration Operations Planning (IOP),
- Conduct, facilitate Risk and Opportunities Workshops and distil the Risk management function awareness among the internal & external stakeholders.
- Promote, provide training, and embed awareness, ownership, culture, and culture a mindset for Planning and risk management across Major Projects department.
- Coordinate and facilitate risk owners, i.e., function groups, division, departments, to thoroughly identify, assess, formulate mitigation plans, and KRIs against objectives, targets, and work program & budgets.
- Provide consultation and guidance to risk owners in accordance with best practices and standards.
- Promote & comply with applicable safety instructions and other Company HSE procedures in all activities.
- Carry out work in compliance with Company values and policies, relevant laws, and regulations, agreed Company priorities and objectives, Company standards and procedures and good industry practices.
- Treat all information obtained during the course of the work with confidentiality.
- To develop, implement and maintain procedures, means and tools to ensure the efficient organization and operation of the scheduling, progress control, risk and reporting activities.
- To define, update as necessary a suitable Work Breakdown Structure complying with Project needs in terms of progress control, cost control and reporting, for all phases of the Project.
- To lead the team of MP planners in setting up project planning from Define stage (in close alignment with CPD) and later to follow up EPC contractor DWTS development, implementation, and forecast / recovery updates during execution phase and till finalization of planning close out report.
- To develop, update and revise the overall integrated Project Schedules as required by Project Management, develop interface planning for SIMOPS activities, to provide inputs for IOP planning and to provide analyses and simulations of new schedules also as required.
- To review and comment on contractors’ procedures and schedules, scheduling, and progress control methodology, and to monitor contractors’ execution schedule, to check and approve contractors’ progress measurement and progress reports.
- To setup Project Risk Management System and monitor Contractor Risk Management System. To conduct PSRA during all phases from Project tender to execution.
- To establish risk policies, limits, guidelines and procedures that are aligned with the company’s risk appetite, strategy and objectives.
- To assess risk, creating a scoring system for qualitative evaluation of risks, helping risk owners to evaluate their risks.
- To update and report Project risk register on regular basis.
- To define, update as necessary a suitable Report structure complying with COMPANY and Project needs.
- To supervise the activities of the Reporting Coordinator, in charge of reporting activities, by informing, supporting, and directing him in his role, responsibilities and objectives.
- To supervise the Reporting Coordinator in the development of detailed and accurate Project Monthly Report / Project Weekly Report (and any other report as requested) during all phases of Project.
- To timely report to the Project Control Manager, highlighting progress and encountered areas of concern.
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors.
- The Job holder must be willing to participate in crisis response training and to assist during emergency response situations if required.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or business administration or equivalent
- 18 years of extensive experience in Project Planning and Scheduling for EPCIC projects.
- 10 Years of experience in Risk management function
- 18 years of experience in Offshore O&G projects.
- 8 years of Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) experience in O&G Projects
- Competence in Primavera 6.0, and MS Office Project. Competence in Primavera Risk Analysis preferred.
- Competence in use of MS Office applications like Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Good Communication skills and fluency in English.
- Problem solving skills and contribute for strategic planning/business functional areas
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-DEC-2025 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)