About this role: Taxation Senior Expert
- To ensure that Value Added Tax (VAT) Law is implemented, fully using SAP capabilities and to ensure that VAT, Withholding Tax (WHT) and Income Tax are accounted, reported and timely payments/ refunds are processed in accordance with Laws;
- Work with external consultants, IT department and other implementation team members for proper implementation of VAT system in QAFAC’s SAP System, fully complying with VAT law.
- Prepares and submit periodic VAT returns in accordance with the agreed submission deadlines;
- Performs reconciliations between VAT return submissions and the general ledger VAT accounts;
- Continuously review and monitor the adequacy of systems, procedures and other relevant records to ensure compliance with VAT and other taxation Regulations;
- Provides VAT training/workshop sessions to all appropriate functional team members as and when necessary;
- Supports preparation of documents and adjustments for monthly close as and when necessary;
- Maintain necessary documents and reports, as required by VAT Law, for smooth Audit by Tax department, external and internal Auditors;
- Prepares for or assist in the preparation of assigned Tax audits;
- Work with Regional Indirect Tax function team to understand priorities and work to deliver against these as required;
- Resolves or escalate any queries or issues received;
- Proper accounting of withholding Tax, as per Qatar Income Tax Law;
- Arrange for timely payment of WHT to Qatar tax department and submission of WHT returns;
- Support departments on WHT queries in consultation with external consultants;
- Preparation and of monthly Income Tax and Deferred Tax calculations under guidance of supervisor;
- Preparation of Annual Income Tax declaration in consultation with External Auditors.
- Educational Qualification: A Degree in Commerce / Accounting;
- Experience: 3 to 4 Years’ working experience in Tax division of any big 4 or other reputed Audit firms, preferably with 1or 2 years’ experience in Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance;
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days;
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Emmanuel Puzon via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
+974 4040 3434