About this role: Subsea Cable & Umbilical Lead
- Able to fill either a project assignment role or a home office functional assignment role.
- In the project assignment role, is responsible for technical oversight of all onshore and offshore cable / umbilical engineering, design, fabrication, installation, construction and pre-commissioning activities. Ensure that the Project ‘s requirements are met. Facilitates interfaces among the Project / Engineering manager, home office Functions and EPC contractor’s organization with respect to Umbilical/cable issues.
- In the functional assignment role, is to provides support Projects, support EPC ITB/ITT bidding processes, capture the best practices and lessons learned from completed and ongoing projects. Transfer learning and knowledge to applicable projects and occasionally support ongoing projects as required.
- Focus to ensure the design is safe, constructible and operable for personnel and processes.
- Support pipeline engineering design, fabrication, installation and construction activities as needed.
- Manage the flexible (cable/umbilical) scope as focal point and ensure all deliverables are met in respect to time, cost and performance to ensure project requirements are met in the design.
- Collaborate with Project teams to provide expertise, advice, guidance and to implement recommendations and operating procedures as required.
- Reviewing and approving all relevant Engineering documents throughout the design and EPC phases, which typically include umbilical/cable Mechanical design, route optimization and field layout, on-bottom Stability Analysis, Free Span Analysis, crossing analysis, J-tube design, Installation analysis, Construction, Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Feasibility/Analyses etc.
- Ensure that all elements of cable/umbilical Integrity data are captured and managed effectively to support the project an ongoing operational needs.
- Ensure familiarity with GIS to monitor Contractor development of the GIS database.
- Provide constructability input into the design and coordinate with onshore and offshore construction teams to ensure effective implementation of Umbilical/cable engineering deliverables.
- Support the development and maintenance of Umbilical/cable engineering related procedures and best practices as needed and review design changes, specification revisions and exceptions to ensure compliance to the Project Management of Change (PMOC) processes.
- Support engineering aspects of the Risk Management Plan (including emergency response and business continuity) to ensure identified hazards/risks are mitigated and to maintain the expected level of quality and safety as defined in the Quality Assurance and Safety Management Plans.
- Oversee OIC (offshore Installation Contractor) engineering, transport, installation, hook up & tensioning scope, interface with other project delivery teams to coordinate transport and installation input.
- Site / Offshore assistance during Umbilical FAT/SIT (fab site) , Installation and Pre-commissioning activities onboard Installation Vessels
- Bachelor Degree in Civil, Marine, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in offshore flexible / Umbilical/cable engineering with at least 5 years demonstrated senior engineering experience in major capital projects
- Minimum of 3 years experience with cable/umbilicals design, manufacturing and installation.
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
- Competent in use of flexible/umbilical/cable engineering analysis and design softwares
- Sound knowledge of ISO 13628 and DNV design codes
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Oct 2026 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)