About this role: Sr. Material & Corrosion Engineer (Petrochemical)
- Manages the activities of assigned personnel in the Corrosion Section. Carries out supervisory duties and exercises financial authority at the level established by management for the position. Implements policy on training and development with particular reference to Qatari Development.
- Ensures agreed corrosion monitoring program is undertaken by Corrosion Engineers and Technicians. Includes reviewing program with Head of Corrosion and Coating, discussing detailed program for each area with Corrosion Engineers and Sr. Technicians and liaising with Asset holders for an access to corrosion monitoring equipment.
- Manages overall supervision over the Corrosion Laboratory, Workshop and Stores. Ensures that all testing equipment’s are maintained in a serviceable condition and orders the supply of consumable materials.
- Receives all results from the corrosion monitoring program via pro-fonnas and tabulations together with Technicians' comments. Reviews results and forwards with own comments to Sr. Corrosion Engineer.
- Ensures that all significant results are highlighted for further action and reviews / improves as necessary the method of reporting results. Carries out own tests and analyses to verify anomalous reported results.
- Provides Cathodic Protection expertise in the Corrosion section. This includes installation and monitoring of all well casings CP system in Dukhan Fields.
- Attends project meetings when nominated by Head of Inspection - Corrosion and Coating. Reviews proposals and specifications to ensure that adequate Cathodic protection system are built into new existing plant and facilities.
- Produces written reports both on a periodic and ad-hoc basis. Includes reporting and commenting on all results as obtained, analyzing results of special tests, and recommending specific action to be undertaken both within the monitoring program and in order to undertake the monitoring program.
- Assists in the development of software in conjunction with the Senior Corrosion Engineer and IT to process and analysis corrosion data and its subsequent use in the departments P.C.
- Manages other duties of a similar nature such as participating in the preparation of annual budgets, ordering materials, and ensures that the labs, workshop and store are maintained in a clean and orderly state.
- Carries out responsibilities of stand-by Duty Inspector, on a rotational basis, to provide and co-ordinate inspection/corrosion related activities during non-working hours.
- Carries out responsibilities of Sr. Corrosion Engineer during his leave period in an Acting capacity.
- Develops and follow latest technologies in corrosion control and adopt it to Dukhan Fields.
- B.Sc. in Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering from a recognized University, higher degree would be advantageous. Membership of a recognized professional engineering association (or institution) is preferable.
- A minimum of 10-12 years relevant offshore experience in materials and corrosion engineering in Oil & Gas Industry with an Oil & Gas Company or Consultant/Contractor.
- Fully familiar with material selection, evaluating corrosion control strategies and implementing corrosion monitoring techniques applied in an offshore environment for highly sour fields.
- Fully familiar with corrosion problems associated with typical offshore environment and specially for highly sour service facility (e.g. generalized corrosion, localized corrosion, stress corrosion, blistering and sulphide corrosion, pitting corrosion, erosion corrosion, etc.) for tubing & X-Mas trees, pipelines, valves, piping, vessels & exchangers and in rotating equipment.
- Experienced in assessment and qualification of specialist material suppliers in the Oil & Gas industry for a highly sour field equipment.
- Fully familiar with international design codes, standards and Company standards and procedure and design software packages.
- Experienced in coordinating with expert Contractor/Vendor representatives during contractor selection, drawings review and start-up phases.
- Strong technical, planning, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 26/06/2024 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)