About this role: Sr. Civil Engineer
Conduct Civil/Structural Engineering activities throughout all stages of the assigned projects.
Check and review all project drawings and documents (civil, structural, specifications, calculations and proposed materials) submitted by others in accordance with the project scope, specifications, appliable standards
Participate and provide assistance in projects pre-commissioning, commissioning and Hand-over activities.
Review and evaluate the Contract Changes/Variation to approved guidelines and applicable codes, standards and practices., make recommendations for approval or rejection of technical deviations
Review and approve method statements developed by contracted organizations for scope compliance. Liaise with contracted organizations to resolve technical issues.
- Lead the COMPANY technical team and assist COMPANY Senior Project Engineer for all technical matters related to the assigned projects;
- Coordinate with appointed Qatar Registered Consultant (QRC), responsible for construction management and construction supervision, as required;
- Conduct evaluation of technical bid packages for scope compliance;
- Plan and co-ordinate activities of a team of multidiscipline engineers for providing timely delivery of technical services to meet the project requirements;
- Co-ordinate engineering designs, develop and review multi-disciplinary work-scopes for projects and other engineering activities; Ensure that the work-scope is comprehensive and clear;
- Support the development of personal technical competency and skills and those of Coworkers; Participate in structured training for Associate Qatari Engineers;
- Ability to work in multi discipline/cultural environment;
- Ability to resolve technical challenges related to Civil/Structural Engineering work and adjacent discipline issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent degree in Civil Engineering;
- Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of engineering and structural design experience;
- Professional Engineer registered with reputable international Professional Engineering Institution will be added advantage;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Structural Design & Construction, preferably in the Oil Minimum 10 years’ experience in Structural Design & Construction, in large buildings and civil/infrastructure projects, including at least 6 years’ experience at Supervisory level;
- Previous experience in water retaining structures and dewatering preferred;
- Good knowledge in construction activities and project management;
- Skill / knowledge of International and Local standards including BS, EN, ASTM and QCS related to his area of expertise;
- Experience in projects’ pre-commissioning, commissioning and Hand-over activities;
- Possess good communication and presentation skills;
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken;
- Computer literate in mainstream MS Office products and structural design packages.
Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
9 Hours / 6 Days
31 Dec. 2027
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Sathi Babu via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Kuwait