About this role: Research Associate
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our rapidly expanding company as a Research Associate. This company has developed proprietary and patent-pending process technology to produce carbon fiber from Alberta oil sands bitumen-based feedstocks. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with an exciting company to help scale their proprietary product that is backed by over 7 years of research. The successful candidate will focus on specific research and development projects related to our client’s proprietary process technology and the production of the first of its kind carbon fiber outputs.
- Focus on specific research and development projects related to the client’s proprietary process technology and/or the production of carbon fiber outputs
- Generate and develop innovative ideas, design, and develop commercially feasible approaches to improve performance of the client’s carbon fibers and the client’s carbon fiber-based products, such as carbon fiber-reinforced composites, pre-impregnated fibrous materials, coatings, fabrics, and/or films/electrodes for energy storage
- Carry out routine research activities including design test matrices, test requests, sample preparation, various testing, collecting data, analyzing data, maintaining schedules, tracking project progress, and reporting progress
- Collaboration with potential customers and end-users on product development
- Compile, interpret, explain, and present results based on scientific principles
- Support activities related to the scale-up of the client’s process technology
PhD or Master’s degree or equivalent awarded within past five years in materials science polymer science chemistry chemical engineering or equivalent experience
Strong interest in product innovation using proprietary processes & materials
Experience in industrial &/or research environments related to thermosetting/epoxy composite materials composite manufacturing processes or fiber composite mechanics considered an asset
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a full-time job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with onboarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
About BrunelAbout Us
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)