About this role: QA/QC Inspector (Civil) - Petrochemical
- Implementing the elements of Company’s management system applicable to your function.
- Your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by Company’s business, whether or not the activity is under your direct control and proactively participate in all safety matters affecting the construction of the project.
- Preventing pollution to the environment, either by you or by others in project.
- Co-ordinating the inspection and test requirements on behalf of Company’s
- Undertake familiarization with Project and discipline specific inspection documentation to ensure understanding of contract requirements.
- Familiar with international Codes, Standards and regularities (e.g. QCS, ACI, AISC, IBC etc.)
- Implement quality inspection procedures on construction activities, suppliers, subcontractors to ensure compliance to project specification.
- Ensure that the documentation generated by the inspections, tests, surveillance and surveys meets the requirements of the Project Quality Plan, ITPs and project requirement.
- Review of contractor/subcontractor/supplier/TPIA quality documentation and reports.
- Complete relevant forms and prepare reports on inspections and tests undertaken for inclusion in, and maintenance of, inspection records.
- Communicating effectively with the contractor, third parties and end users at your level.
- Ensuring that all equipment used for measuring and testing is in calibration and such records are available.
- Assisting construction personnel to develop the required quality documentation, including method statements, work procedures, inspection and test plans and inspection and test records.
- Assisting construction personnel to identify problems and potential or actual nonconformances and to assist in proposing correction and corrective actions.
- Liaise with other Field Supervisors and Contractor to be aware of planned and completed construction works to ensure civil tests are planned and performed.
- Assist the Sr.QA/QC Engineer to review and comment quality documents pertaining to Concrete Casting, Steel fixing, Anchor bolts, Grouting, Steel Structure erection, Block works, Soil & Excavation and material-receiving activities.
- Monitor Contractor’s Concrete Casting, Steel fixing, Anchor bolts, Grouting, Steel Structure erection, Block works, Soil & Excavation and Material-Receiving Quality Procedures implementation and QA/QC activities.
- Ensure all civil, structural and architectural activities are performed according to Project requirements and that tests and reports are prepared, approved and included in documentation packages.
- Witness Site & Laboratory Tests related to civil, structural & architectural activities.
- Monitor all materials and equipment are used in accordance to specifications.
- Carry-out random check on receiving-inspection of certified batch plants, mixers, lifting gears, etc.
- Check delivery documents against purchase orders, specification and material certificates.
- Reject any material not meeting specification or not bearing authentic material certificate.
- Carry out random dimensional checks on materials.
- Follow-up on Correction & Corrective Actions to close-out non-conformances.
- Monitor trends of non-compliance to Company requirements and feedback the status of Contractor’s performance.
- Initiate Surveillance / NCR’s for Sr.QA/QC Engineer’s approval
- Civil/Structural/Architecture degree with experience in Quality Control in multi-discipline construction environment. Preferably having formal training in QC and membership with recognized charted or other professional institution.
- 10 years’ experience in similar position, experience in GCC is desirable.
- As minimum, he shall have five (5) years’ experience directly relating to inspection/execution of construction activities, preferably worked in project management consultancy/ as client QC inspector.
- The candidate should have sound working knowledge on QC aspects and various testing requirements related to major oil & gas / petrochemical focused construction projects.
- Duties are normally complex and vary and require ability to work well with contractor’s personnel and colleagues at all levels in multidisciplinary, multicultural environment.
- Shall have knowledge and proven ability in construction techniques with emphasis on soil mechanics, foundations, retaining walls, structural steel, masonry, building interiors, building finishes, roof systems, and asphalt
- Shall demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of recognized building codes such as the IBC, QCS, ACI, AISC etc,.
- Shall have an internationally recognized certification in auditing ISO-9001 or equivalent and shall be able to exercise judgment against the criteria of the standards.
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31/10/2026 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)