About this role: Microsoft 365 Administrator
Microsoft 365 Administrator
Brunel is currently seeking a Microsoft 365 Administrator to join our esteemed oil and gas client located in Calgary, Alberta. In this role, you will actively support and facilitate their growth and achievements. As a Microsoft 365 Administrator, your responsibilities will be pivotal in overseeing, upkeeping, and elevating our Microsoft 365 ecosystem. You'll collaborate closely with IT and other departments to guarantee the successful deployment and utilization of Microsoft 365 applications and services. Your proficiency will substantially enhance the operational efficiency and productivity of our organization, and you will be under the direct supervision of the IT Lead.
- Deploy and configure Microsoft 365 applications and services to meet organizational needs.
- Implement and maintain security policies and protocols within Microsoft 365.
- Manage user accounts, licenses, and permissions within Microsoft 365.
- Provide technical support to users, troubleshoot issues, and resolve user-related problems.
- Administer Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Teams, ensuring seamlesscommunication and collaboration.
- Monitor email flow, spam filters, and security measures
- Implement data retention and data loss prevention (DLP) policies.
- Perform regular backups and ensure data integrity
- Stay current with Microsoft 365 security updates and best practices.
- Assist in compliance audits and maintain documentation.
- Develop training materials and provide guidance to users on Microsoft 365 tools.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of configurations and procedures.
- Respond to and resolve technical issues related to Microsoft 365 services.
- Collaborate with vendors or Microsoft support as needed.
- Develop migration strategies and plans, including timelines, resource allocation, and risk assessment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define migration goals and objectives.
- Create a detailed content inventory and mapping plan to ensure that content isaccurately transferred to the target environment.
- Perform thorough testing of the migrated content to ensure data integrity, permissions,and functionality. Address and resolve any issues that arise during migration.
- Maintain detailed documentation of the migration process, including migration plans,mapping documents, and post-migration reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Proven experience in Microsoft 365 administration and deployment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications and services.
- Proficiency in PowerShell scripting for automation and management tasks.
- Familiarity with security and compliance features in Microsoft 365.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Relevant Microsoft certifications (e.g., Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate) a plus.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)