About this role: Machinist
Brunel International is looking for an experienced Machinist to join our team in Kuwait. The successful candidate will be responsible for operating and maintaining a variety of machines in a Petrochemical client environment.
The Machinist will be responsible for operating and maintaining a variety of machines in a Petrochemical client environment. This includes CNC Lathe Machines, conventional machines such as Lathe, Milling, Vertical Lathe, Surface Grinding, Radial Drilling, pedestal grinding and Plate rolling Machines. The Machinist must also be able to read and understand Engineering drawings with tolerances and also able to make hand sketches.
- Passed SSC (10+2) or equivalent is required;
- Passed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or I.T.I in Turner / Machinist Trade;
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in the Machine shop in a Petrochemical company, Refinery, or Fertilizer plant;
- Able to work independently on the CNC Lathe Machines and conventional machines like Lathe, Milling, Vertical Lathe, Surface Grinding, Radial Drilling, pedestal grinding and Plate rolling Machines;
- Able to handle the Precision measuring tools in MM and Inch, like Inside and Outside Micrometer, Bore Gauges, Dial Gauges, Depth Micrometer, Vernier Caliper, Depth Caliper, Vernier Height Gauge, Slip Gauges, and Feeler gauges etc;
- Able to read and understand the Engineering drawings, Limit, Fits and Tolerances and Machining surface finishing Symbols;
- Capable to identify, measure different types of threads and thread pitches and also able to machine/ make the threads;
- Knowledge and willing to work on onsite machines like portable Flange Facing Machine, Pipe cutting machine and Pipe beveling machine, Magnetic drilling Machine and portable drilling machines;
- Communication in English language is a must and Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, XL, Power point and sending and receiving e-mails is mandatory;
- Trained or can demonstrate experience in Machine shop equipment repairs;
- Knowledge of mathematics and calculations and possesses mechanical skills;
- Is familiar and understands mechanical industrial machinery;
- Able to read and understand Engineering drawings with tolerances and also able to make hand sketches and can work in machine shop independently;
- Able to read and understand job related procedures and company policies;
- Works safely and corrects recognized unsafe conditions immediately
We offer an attractive salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience along with other benefits
Brunel International is one of the world’s leading engineering recruitment agencies providing services across 40 countries worldwide. Our clients range from large multinational companies through to small independent businesses who are all looking for talented engineers who can help them reach their goals quickly while ensuring safety standards are met at all times. We have been providing recruitment services since 1975 so you can trust us when it comes to finding you your next role!
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)