About this role: Loss Prevention Engineer
- Study and develop conceptual designs, prepare detailed engineering solutions, plan monitor and coordinate all assigned modifications and projects in conjunction with project management and end user team for a wide range of tasks related to discipline scope.
- Act as a key focal point for discipline engineering aspects for the in-house engineering/subcontracted engineering and review the design/engineering work conducted in line with defined requirements, industry best practices and contractual agreements.
- Preparation of Loss Prevention Philosophies and Design Basis document specific to Project scope.
- Ability to design Active Fire Protection system using industry renowned software including preparation of Firewater demand calculation report, fire protection hydraulics and fire protection P&IDs.
- Ability to design Passive Fire Protection system including drawings & schedules.
- Ability to carry out Hazardous Area Classification of facility including preparation of HAC schedule and HAC layouts.
- Ability to identify various safety studies required including HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, QRA etc for project scope based on basic engineering documents.
- Participate in project specific safety studies and provide technical expertise to ensure inherently safer design.
- Ability to produce/review Safety studies deliverable like Terms of Reference, Study reports and Closeout reports according to Company procedures.
- Ability to carry Physical effects modelling using PHAST software to determine the physical effects on human and property and recommend actions accordingly.
- Preparation of fire & gas detector layouts and corresponding cause & effect drawings.
- Ability to prepare escape route layouts, safety signage layouts, fire & safety equipment layouts.
- Ability to prepare specifications and datasheets for safety signages, fire & safety equipment.
- Ability to carry out technical evaluation of vendor documentation/ data and bids.
- Preparation of department risk register capturing CAPEX related risks and preparation of reports for Enterprise Risk department.
- Act as a focal point and support project team in Qatar Civil Defence Department (QCDD) certification of buildings.
- B.Sc. Chemical Engg or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Minimum 4 years Middle east/Gulf experience is mandatory
- Proficiency in English Language (Speak, Read and Write)
- Certification to facilitate safety studies will be an added advantage.
- 6 years’ work experience in Engineering for petrochemical, Oil and Gas industry.
- Should have hands-on experience in following software
- PHA Pro
- SAFETI (optional)
- Detect3D (optional)
- Good in-depth understanding of local and international regulations and engineering practices.
- Strong co-ordination & interpersonal skills.
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours /5 Days
- 1 to 5 years with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)