Vacancy number • PUB406629
Brunel is partnering with a global leader in inspection, verification, testing, and certification services, who are searching for a highly skilled Loading Master to join their team in Gladstone, QLD.
About this role
As the Loading Master you will supervise, control and manage the entire berthing and loading operations of the LNG carriers in a safe, efficient, and customer-focused manner.
- Conducting compatibility studies for LNG tankers and monitoring mooring analysis using the OPTIMOOR program.
- Participating in pre-arrival correspondences with relevant parties.
- Supervising berthing, mooring, and un-berthing of LNG tankers, as well as gangway movement.
- Conducting pre-load meetings and discuss the ship shore checklist with vessel's senior officers.
- Carry out safety checks, and emergency shutdown tests.
- Supervising the loading arms' connection, observing pressure tests, and reporting any issues.
- Following up on LNG loading to ensure a smooth and safe operation.
- Communicating with terminal personnel for cool-down operations and adhering to loading rates.
- Conducting periodic safety inspections on ships and jetties.
- Overseeing ramp down, loading completion, purging, and draining operations.
- Managing cargo documentation, relieving staff on leave, and ensuring compliance with client and site requirements.
- Marine Qualification - preferably Master Class I, minimum Chief Officer Certificate of competency (Desirable) OR 2nd Engineer with LNG experience.
- Experienced in the loading and berthing of the LNG carriers.
- Ability to plan and manage time and resources.
- High degree of organisational skills.
- Sound knowledge of procedures, including ISO (9001-2008) systems.
- Professional manner.
- Proficient in OPTIMOOR program.
- Valid Australian Driving License.
- Obtain and maintain Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- Sound knowledge of the Shipping Industry.
- Gladstone, QLD based role
- 5 days on 4 days off roster
- $148,000 p/a
- Candidates must reside in Gladstone or be willing to relocate (relocation packages available for suitable candidates within Australia)
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Tim Stock quoting publication number: PUB406629