About this role: Lifting Specialist Sub-Sea Structures
- Expertise in heavy and critical lifting operations; review/audit of lifting equipment; review of lifting plans and lifting procedures and ensure compliance of lifting operations with HSE rules.
- Manages and controls all lifting activities of the Project, both in terms of design, fabrication and ultimately during Offshore installation & Hook-up to ensure the technical aspects are safely met within the approved scope and schedule.
- Supervises the lifting teams and ensures co-ordination with HSE Inspectors and HSE officers as well.
- Establish an effective communication with Contractor’s team.
- Act as the focal point on site for all lifting matters.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken in compliance with Company Safety, Health and regulations.
- Advises and assists NFS Jackets lifting activities, progress, and issues. Carries out risk assessments and identification of mitigation actions.
- Provides technical support for the selection and qualification of lifting operations and lifting contractors / sub-contractors and ensures contractors’ processes and procedures are effective and meet standards and requirements and are in line with Qatar government regulations.
- Promotes best practice within Company, sharing information and ideas with affected organizations.
- Review and recommend improvements to key practices, procedures and plans ensuring effective and smooth project execution.
- Coordinates with Major Projects lifting SME, OPCO Lifting SME, Company Representative, Head of HSE , Contractor and TPIA for Lifting related issues.
- Review and approve non-routine lifting plans.
- Participate in inspection of lifting equipment to be used in Sub-Sea Structures in operations including hired and Contractor’s equipment. Performs surveillance inspection on the Contractors lifting equipment and verifies its condition and validity for continued use.
- Randomly verify the record of pre use checks carried out on Lifting Equipment on a case-by-case basis during the day-to-day operations.
- Participate in review and approval of technical offers of new lifting equipment prior to placing any purchase order by contractor.
- Responsible to oversee the execution of lifting activities at site.
- Participates in root cause failure analysis for Lifting Equipment failures.
- Engineering Degree, Diploma or significant experience in heavy lifting operations.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in discipline with at least 3 years demonstrated senior field experience in lifting operations, lifting preparation (lift plans), lifting supervision and lifting equipment inspection.
- Knowledge of the different types of offshore and onshore cranes.
- Member of LEEA, experience in lifting engineering (load curves, bearing capacity effect of the ground, stability of barges).
- Knowledge of International standards such as LOLER, ILO, BS, PUWER and experience in regulatory compliance
- Good contact and training skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to communicate and interact in a multicultural environment. Ability to prepare a daily report.
- Valid Bosiet is a plus.
- Very good knowledge of lifting standards.
- A good proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis with the local personnel without translation.
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 30 Sep 2026 with possible extension
About BrunelA powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)