About this role: Lead of SHES (Offsite Areas)
- Provide SHES direction, guidance and leadership to Onshore EPC PMT and CONTRACTOR(s) for fieldwork within the assigned area.
- Perform oversight of CONTRACTOR(s) and effectively manage a team of SHES Specialists to ensure compliance with all Project & RLIC SHES requirements, and communicate and verify the effective resolution of SHES compliance issues.
- Take the lead in the site implementation and verification of the NFS Onshore EPC SHES Plans & Procedures through clear planning, formal communication and interface between all involved parties.
- Support the NFS Onshore EPC CONTRACTOR(s) in the preparation for site mobilization and to provide expert Safety, Health, Environment and Security (SHES) advice and guidance to all PMT and CONTRACTOR Project Area Division Managers, and disciplines during all phases of the Project, to achieve the Company Mission to protect its people, assets and environment.
- Manage the relevant elements of the Project SHES Management system, its procedures and programs and ensures the effective and efficient implementation of risk control and mitigation measures at site in accordance with the requirements stipulated in the Contract
- Supports the SHES and Project Management in terms of SHES requirements (including Project, Company, RLIC and MME) for a large, “one of a kind” LNG Plant including associated facilities and infrastructures comprising of 2X7.8MTPA process trains with a possible addition of 2 process trains, as well as large and complex utilities and off-sites
- This position is involved in the management and site implementation of Safety, Health, Environmental and Security throughout the project duration and collaborates with relevant departments, Area Division Managers and disciplines to protect the well-being of the project personnel.
- Job holder manages activities of assigned team, implements approved SHES objectives, develops solutions to SHES related issues using initiative, project procedures, best practices and personal knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work in a multi-faced/ multi-national organizational matrix with a variety of working relationships/ interfaces. Senior level position with broad technical and Environmental skills with working knowledge of project management.
- Supports the NFS Onshore EPC project in all SHES related disciplines and scope of work. Shall be flexible and team-orientated. Act as the key focal point for all SHES compliance field issues.
- Manages the onboarding of EPC CONTRACTOR, Subcontractors and Vendors to site, ensuring all relevant SHES requirements are met prior to the start of site works.
- Champion on-site SHES awareness and safe performance with CONTRACTOR and among PMT. Daily attendance of Tool-Box Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) to ensure this fundamental communication tools are used to its optimum levels.
- Provide oversight and guidance for site SHES and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLC regulatory requirements. Review and comment on CONTRACTOR SHES Plan and key supporting documents
- Coordinate SHES site resource planning, assignment, oversight and performance reviews. Provide mentoring and promote development of COMPANY and CONTRACTOR SHES personnel.
- Use networking, influencing skills, negotiation skills, and technical knowledge to help establish direction and culture for the NFS Onshore project EPC construction site. Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program.
- Liaise with internal/external groups as and when required, e.g. Operations, Major Projects, CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s), RLC, and etc. Manage SHES related interface with RLC on behalf of CONTRACTOR when required.
- Participate in relevant site safety reviews, walkthroughs and audits as required. Participate in pre-start up safety reviews. Participate in SHES assessments and inspections.
- Ensure SIMOPS and relevant SHES programs for Pre-Commissioning, Commissioning and start-up are in place and complied with.
- Ensure the continual improvement of the CONTRACTOR SHES management system. Pro-active identification of negative trends which requires corrective action and remediation.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant industry HSE experience.
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work).
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments (expenditure >US$ 1 Bn).
- HSE related NVQ Level 5, NEBOSH National/International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, or higher (BSc, PgCert, PgDip, MSc).
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Lead Auditor.
- TapRoot® Advanced Root Cause Analysis Team Leader (or similar RCA tool).
- Leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills; confident and clear presentation development and delivery.
- Able to cope with excessive workload.
- Be inventive to bring new ideas, methods and procedures to meet Project objectives.
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain a world-class SHES performance.
- Creates high quality and accurate output in a timely manner.
- Team player who can effectively collaborate within Project Teams and with external parties.
- Able to identify and analyze complex issues and provide recommendations.
- Establishes and sustains credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.
- Takes responsibility for own work products and can perform at high level without supervision.
- Computer literate, familiar working with Microsoft office applications.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Nov 2026 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)