About this role: Lead of Contracts
- Provide specialist knowledge and guidance in developing, supporting and executing complex and high value contracts and tenders for Project.
- Responsible for interpreting and analyzing the complexities of critical tender and contract documents ensuring accurate clear and comprehensive responses are provided to clarifications, logical and commercially astute recommendations are made to management and actioned effectively to meet project deliverables.
- Major challenges of this role are (1) understanding the key project drivers to ensure delivery within the agreed timeframe (2)operating in a pressure environment with short deadlines to complete activities and/or assessments related to contract administration.
- Formulate tendering and contracting activities including comprehensive engineering, technical and commercial reviews of scope of work documents received from various project teams to evaluate and mitigate any potential risks to the Project.
- Review technical bids for complex and high value services, leading to the establishment of suitable contracts to facilitate project execution.
- Provide specialist expertise in tendering and contracting processes ensuring the latest financial, technical and SHEQ standards are embedded in the documentation.
- Examine scope of work and commercial documentations to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory, company and local standards.
- Participate in contract audit, review records for accuracy and conformance to standards and address any audit findings for compliance with established procedures.
- Steward the EPC Contractor’s activities with respect to contract administration ensuring that all affected parties are familiarity with contract terms and conditions, contract provisions, coordination procedures, contract objectives and overall job requirements. In addition coordinate any required communication with EPC Contractor to resolve warranty, payment and milestone issues.
- Facilitate close-out by ensuring contract obligation has been fulfilled and invoices have been paid and that no outstanding claims exist and all deliverables have been received and approved.
- Ensure the timely close-out of all claim oriented correspondence to avoid potential claims.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering Science, Management or relevant discipline.
- 15 years’ experience in a contracts management environment, within Major Projects preferably in the oil and gas industry with exposure to contract law, negotiations, contractor management, insurance, legal and industry practices. Experience in onshore and brownfield projects would be preferred
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Good technical knowledge in reviewing and preparing technical contracts.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) including working knowledge of business software programs, networking and SAP.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Dec 2026 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)