Lead of Commissioning Process/Operations
Vacancy number • PUB406421
- Responsible for overseeing Commissioning Process/Operations activities to ensure EPC Contractor delivery of all aspects of planning and execution of systems completions, including pre-commissioning and commissioning activities, is in full compliance with company requirements. PMT focal point for Process/Operations plan development and implementation during Pre-comm/commissioning stages.
- Provides clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitates resolution of Process/Operations issues to meet project objectives and milestones.
- This position is responsible to ensure all planning and execution activities associated with Commissioning Process/Operations by the EPC contractor, including third parties such as vendors, consultants, sub-contractors etc are executed to Project’s specifications and COMPANY requirements.
- Major challenges for this role include (1) effectively managing EPC contract and pre-comm/comm team to produce timely deliverables up to RFSU and start-up. (2) maintaining constructive working relationship with EPC contractor to ensure delivery and execution of pre-comm/comm workscope in accordance with project and company requirements and (3) maintaining relationships with stakeholders (e.g. Operations, quality, engineering, construction) to ensure alignment of systems completions execution.
- Delivering a complex Brown-field scope of work connected to very large existing and new Facilities to achieve project expectations. Review commissioning procedures and supervise execution on site. Facilitate PTW process, interfacing with EPC Contractor and Operations.
- Delivery of Commissioning of complex Offsites, common Storage and Transport Facilities.
About this role
- Provides commissioning process/operations expertise, for planning, execution and leadership driving EPC contractor to deliver in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule. Directs the preparation and stewardship of commissioning process scope of work in EPC contract. Supports contractor by helping address gaps, coordinate with operations and other disciplines within the team.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering, quality, construction and operations Teams to deliver clear plans and efficient execution. Critical interface with operations in order to facilitate execution of commissioning activities and transfer of custody to company start-up team. Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with project objectives and specification.
- Manages EPC Contractor's commissioning process activities including validation of resources, personnel qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate tools; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, and verification processes. Support and provide expertise during field execution, including activities such as Functional Checks (as per approved Control Narratives) and Mechanical Run Tests for rotating equipment.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor’s capability in providing all procedures, progress measurement and reporting to steward the systems completion activities related to commissioning process/operations scope of work. Manages process/operations deliverables, particularly Pre-comm and commissioning detailed procedures.
- Support the identification of SHES hazards and the evaluation of risks for all activities. Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects. Review, update and amend commissioning procedures and specifications to ensure that all pre-comm/comm references are up to date and relevant.
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritization and management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Team player
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 10 years’ experience as a Process Commissioning or Operations Lead with a broad knowledge of planning and Pre- commissioning/Commissioning execution experience.
- Expertise in systemization, completions database, development of process pre-comm/comm procedures.
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams in commissioning/operations field execution.
- Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Startup of Brown-field onshore projects is desirable.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-Mar-2027, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Dhirendra Singh quoting publication number: PUB406421