Lead of Commissioning I&C
Vacancy number • PUB406528
- Responsible for overseeing I&C pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities to ensure EPC Contractor delivery of all aspects of planning and execution of systems completions including pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- This position is responsible to ensure all planning and execution activities associated with the I&C pre-comm/comm by the EPC contractor, including third parties such as vendors, consultants, sub-contractors etc are executed to Project’s specifications and requirements.
- Major challenges for this role include (1) effectively managing EPC contract and pre-comm/comm team to produce timely deliverables up to RFSU and start-up. (2) maintaining constructive working relationship with EPC contractor to ensure delivery and execution of pre-comm/comm workscope in accordance with project requirements and (2) maintaining relationships with stakeholders (e.g. Operations, quality, engineering, construction) to ensure alignment of systems completions execution.
- Delivering a complex Brown-field scope of work connected to very large existing and new Facilities to achieve project expectations, in particular design and construction for multi-disciplinary Tie-ins in existing facilities.
- Delivery of Commissioning of complex Offsites, common Storage and Transport Facilities.
About this role
- Provides I&C pre-comm/comm expertise, for planning and execution and leadership driving EPC contractor to deliver in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule.
- Directs the preparation and stewardship of I&C pre-comm/comm scope of work in EPC contract, supports contractor by helping address gaps, coordinate with operations and other disciplines within the team.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering, quality, construction and operations Teams to deliver clear plans and efficient execution of the I&C scope of work.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with project objectives and specification.
- Manages EPC Contractor's I&C pre-comm/comm activities including validation of resources, personnel qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate tools; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, and verification processes.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor’s capability in providing all procedures, progress measurement and reporting to steward the I&C systems completion activities.
- Manages the I&C discipline deliverables and field engineering in support of pre-comm/comm activities.
- Responsible for the schedule of I&C activities and related milestones, provides data (rundown curves, charts, graphs) and recovery plans to address any schedule delays if any.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Review, update and amend I&C procedures and specifications to ensure that all pre-comm/comm references are up to date and relevant.
- Bachelor Degree in I&C Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience as an I&C Commissioning Lead.
- Expertise in systemization, completions database, development of pre-comm/comm procedures
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams in commissioning field execution
- Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Startup of Brown-field onshore I&C systems. Hands-on experience with testing, functional checks and start-up of complex I&C systems.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Dec 2027, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Mining, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Namitha Sambhram Aivalli quoting publication number: PUB406528