About this role: Interior Designer
Review and comment on Consultant's/Contractor's concept / design / working drawings, specifications and submittals to ensure compliance with OP standards and project briefs, conforming with the following:
Review design brief with Senior Project Engineers and where necessary seek further clarification before proceeding with task.
Ensure designs accommodate the space requirements.
Working with other Discipline Engineers assigned to the project, ensure compatibility between interior systems / FF&E systems and architectural systems, structural systems and building services elements.
Ensure interior designs, finishes and FF&E selections are feasible, practical, and appropriate to the project, meet the end-user needs and are cost effective.
- Recommend changes as necessary;
- Identify problem areas and suggest solutions;
- Demonstrate initiative in design solutions and work with due care and thought;
- Act responsibly in carrying out instructions from Lead Project Engineers, Head Designer and Senior Project Engineers;
- Maintain confidentiality at all times with respect to OP activities and policies;
- Coordinate FF&E / Signage tender packages including the development of performance based specifications that comply with all relevant sourcing policies and the completion of the technical evaluation of bids; Work with Materials Department to ensure timely execution of FF&E / Signage tender packages and FF&E / Signage supply and installation;
- Achieve familiarization with the EDS - Special Projects Archive and Architectural, Interior, Civil, Structural and Building Services record drawings and retrieve there from when directed by the Head Designer/ Lead Discipline and Lead Project Engineers/ Senior Project Engineers;
- When required coordinate with Senior Designers (Architectural/Civil) to arrange for update to drawings to meet the requirements of the Design brief;
- Assist in the updating of a register of materials standards, specifications and standard details;
- Estimate and report to Head Designer and/or Senior Project Engineers on the man-hour requirement to meet each task in good time to enable all work to be programmed;
- Carry out checks on existing Architectural, Interior Design and FF&E drawings to ensure they are correct and no discrepancies exist and notify Head Designer and/or Senior Project Engineers accordingly, seeking and acting on guidance on appropriate action there from;
- Organize directly with Head Designer for supply and maintenance of all hardware and material supplies necessary to meet the requirement of this job description.
- BSc/SA or equivalent in Interior Design, Civil or Architectural Engineering;
- Minimum 8 years broad experience in building projects, and ability to identify and formulate practical solutions to the spectrum of architectural and interior design issues;
- Experience in both design and construction works, prepare scope of works and specification writing, with knowledge in reviewing and recommending a large range of building materials, is essential;
- Carries out his duties in accordance with accepted Engineering practices keeping his supervisor(s) informed on routine matters.
Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
9 Hours / 6 Days
26 June 2024
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Emmanuel Puzon via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
+974 4040 3434