About this role: Electrical Engineering Lead
- Lead the electrical engineering activities for North Field Expansion (NFXP) Offshore Project, ensuring technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) fully comply with project deliverables and standardized processes and to provide Functional Safety design support to NFXP Offshore Engineering Manager ensuring all aspects are delivered to the highest standards;
- This role conducts technical electrical engineering evaluations of an EPC Project, including risk based evaluation of complex technical issues, which may have a significant commercial impact on project execution, ensuring they are compliant, technically qualified and consistent with project requirements;
- Required to contribute to other multi-disciplinary tasks whilst providing expertise in specialized area.
- Ensure that the Contractor’s electrical engineering for the Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope), and the Offshore Electrical Power System designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance;
- Plan and schedule the electrical engineering deliverables to enable efficient project execution, ensuring technical alignment and compliance with COMPANY operational policies, standards of business conduct and project management system;
- Supervises and ensures that the Contractor’s electrical Safety Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) Engineering designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance;
- Participate to key design workshop and ensure that electrical Safety design recommendation are correctly implemented and actions closed before the end of EPCI (Lessons Learned, Value Engineering, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, engineering criticality assessment, etc.);
- Supervises the Engineering electrical interfaces for the Topsides, Onshore Facilities (Offshore scope) and Offshore power loop and the following teams: Operations, Drilling, Well Management, the Jacket, the pipelines from the topsides perspective, the Onshore Project Team;
- Manage the Composite cable purchase order with the EPC Contractor and System Vendor in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in the contract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to the existing operating facilities;
- Supports NFXP Offshore Engineering Manager in monitoring the contractor’s progress on delivery of the required documents in the Electrical discipline both for the Topsides and Pipeline Scopes;
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts with respect the disciplines involved in delivery of the electrical items related to Topsides and Pipelines Engineering, and ensures endorsement of Technical deviations to Company specifications when required;
- Ensure compliance with management of change procedures for changes in the contractors design or deviations from the company directives.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. (Advanced degree is desirable.);
- 10 years’ of relevant experience as Electrical Lead, in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry and having a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations;
- Previous knowledge of Brownfield engineering and execution required;
- Excellent written and oral English skills;
- Strong organizational, planning and coordination skills;
- Strong technical, prioritization and management skills;
- Strong communication, influencing and interface skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs etc.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance;
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days;
- 31 May 2026;
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Namitha Sambhram Aivalli via the details below, quoting publication number:
Namitha Sambhram Aivalli
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
+974 4040 3434