About this role: Electrical Engineer
On behalf of our client, a global O&G Operator, Brunel is currently looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their Perth based office. This role will be part of the electrical team to ensure the safe operation / reliability and integrity of the power generation & distribution system.
- Support of specialist’s type activities, Electrical Network Monitoring and Control (ENMC) system, UPS, Integrated Motor Control System (IMCS), Variable Speed Drives, Electrical Equipment installed in a Hazardous Area, relay testing and overall electrical activities.
- Provide support for the Electrical Network Monitoring and Control (ENMC) system and LV Integrated Monitoring Control System (IMCS).
- Maintain a stable electrical network through active ENMC/IMCS equipment monitoring and preventive maintenance of electrical equipment across the facility.
- Electrical engineer providing discipline support for operating offshore asset, including Periodic visits as required.
- Performs a variety of tasks for a specific project phase.
- Technical assurance review is required for the majority of the work products.
- Support the electrical maintenance team with advice and resources for problems that require specialist competencies.
- Support turnaround and projects planning and the development and application of quality management systems.
- Participate when required in the multidisciplinary Area Integrity/ Reliability Management Team (led by the Area Operations & Maintenance Engineer).
- Reporting to be established through Key Performance Indicators based on pacesetting initiatives.
- Ensure own discipline engineering and design work are successfully delivered and appropriate reviews conducted.
- Min 5 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry covering power generation, electrical distribution, electrical installation, Interfaces to electrical control and distribution control systems, maintenance execution and electrical protection inspection/testing.
- Experience of Offshore Operation, maintenance, and execution The Electrical Engineer will be part of the electrical team to ensure the safe operation / reliability and integrity of the power generation & distribution system.
- Experience in troubleshooting and analysis of equipment performance is required.
- Integrity management through the application of risk and reliability centered maintenance techniques and root cause analysis are required
- Understand the interfaces between the electrical systems and the main plant operating system (DCS)
- Understand ignition control requirements and Electrical Equipment Installed in a Hazardous Area (EEHA).
- IEC 60079 Standards and be able to apply them.
Contract duration : 12months
Location : Perth
Roster: 8 hours per day - Monday to Friday
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)