About this role: Construction Supervisor (Static)
- To supervise the EPIC Contractors during the execution of construction activities at construction site;
- Participate in reviewing detailed design drawings, method statements, material requisitions, and etc;
- Co-ordinate mobilization of contractors on site;
- Supervise and approve construction activities and co-ordinate various aspects of project construction including inspections, material submissions and working drawings from contractors, and processing documentation as required;
- Carryout daily checks on contractor’s staff and work carried out during the previous day in order to ensure compliance with prescribed contractual specifications;
- Handle all aspects of Mechanical Construction activities including site investigations, site surveys and etc.
- Supervise installation of Fire Electric/Diesel Pumps and Jockey pumps;
- Supervise installation of deluge system piping works and underground firefighting piping works;
- Supervise installation of Fire water tanks;
- Good knowledge in Deluge and Sprinkler System;
- Maintain a daily record of progress (daily diary) noting special comments. Reports to supervisor work anomalies or contractual deviations committed by contractor personnel and recommend corrective actions;
- Sign work permits on behalf of COMPANY and to ensure that contractors compliance with conditions fixed on consolidated work permits;
- Participate in development of as-built drawings/documentation;
- Prepare Punch list for finished work prior to hand over to COMPANY by contractor by paying special attention to all equipment including Quality checks;
- Works closely with other COMPANY Construction Supervisors (Elect/ Arch / Instrument);
- Report to COMPANY Senior Construction Supervisor on main issues, events at site, progress reporting, trends and recommendation for improvement;
- Accountable for supervising contractor’s work that is in progress, inspecting work, reporting problems and preventing accidents occurring as a result of negligence, by enforcing COMPANY safety standards on the work site;
- Liaise and report with the QC Inspector on quality related matters;
- Liaise with the HSE Supervisor on safety related matters;
- To prepare daily report of activities and inform COMPANY/asset holders (as per approved distribution matrix) of the progress/constraints and look ahead.
- Candidate must possess a Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from an internationally recognized University;
- Candidate should have a minimum of 10 to 15 years overall experience in Construction of EHV Substations up to 132kV and above with exposure to mechanical works connected with substation Electrical equipment, HVAC equipment, Fire alarm & Loss prevention and Building Services;
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills to interface and communicate with internal and external departments, agencies, contractors and vendors.
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 26 June 2024
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role, please submit your interest using the ‘Apply’ button. Applying is quick and easy – just make sure you have the following documents ready to go:
- Cover Letter (optional)
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Dhirendra Singh via the details below, quoting publication number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha
+974 4040 3434